LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Off Road Alternator

Old 05-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
hockeyd90 is on a distinguished road
hockeyd90's Tacoma Gallery
Off Road Alternator

Anyone know of a good off road alternator I could find to upgrade my 2012?
Old 05-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
Why do you feel the stock one is not suitable for off-road? The off-road model trucks are factory equipped with a 130 Amp rated alternator.
This. 130A is beast. This is the last of my worries.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #4
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Never a problem with any of my 3 4x4 Off Road Tacomas alternators... including thousands of miles in Baja! Why do you suspect a problem with it?
Old 05-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #6
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
www.dcpowerinc.com

They make one for the 2011. I dunno if there are any changes between 2011 and 2012 as far as alternators go.

Be prepared to open you wallet wide and shake it upside down....
Old 05-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #7
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I would love to know what they're doing with a Tacoma that makes a 270A alternator remotely necessary.

MAYBE desert expedition shit where you're winching at idle in 115 ambient temps in direct sunlight and towing base camp.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #8
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
I would love to know what they're doing with a Tacoma that makes a 270A alternator remotely necessary.

MAYBE desert expedition shit where you're winching at idle in 115 ambient temps in direct sunlight and towing base camp.
One of my friends had a taco and was running a 250amp alternator for his masive sub and amps for speakers, he was into competitions, and he was burning those up (idk of the brand).
Old 05-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #9
Poser Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
One of my friends had a taco and was running a 250amp alternator for his masive sub and amps for speakers, he was into competitions, and he was burning those up (idk of the brand).
I have no love for speakerheads. That's about the nicest I can put it.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #11
Poser Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
The radio thing makes sense. I can also see an application where extreme or excessive lighting is required.
If you wanna compete with your speakers, just plug 'em into the grid.

LEDs and HIDs ftw when it comes to low draw lighting.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:20 AM   #12
hockeyd90 is on a distinguished road
hockeyd90's Tacoma Gallery
Not deadset on a new one. I'm planning on adding a winch and some off road lights.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:29 AM   #13
Poser Truck

You'll be fine with the stock unit.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:29 AM   #14
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post

I laughed when I read this.