LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

SPC LIGHT RACING UCA'S

Old 05-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
SPC LIGHT RACING UCA'S

ALL I WILL SAY IS BUYER BEWARE.
i used to love my uca's from light racing
that was until i had to replace the uca's 3 times (1st 2 times they stepped up and did the right thing) they replaced them free of charge......
yes i followed their instructions to the tee.....
i have also had to replace the ball joints every year i am now on my third set....
1st and 2nd set they replaced for free
the 3rd set i had to pay for......
and i checked them before i installed them and there is pitting on the ball joint "brand new out of box" mind you
i think quality control is lacking at best with this company
i know i cant be the only one having these issues......
do i use my truck yes.....its on the beach allot, mud, 30k+ a year driving
but i take good care of my truck and maintain everything......

now a while back after the third set of uca's i purchased the spec ride bushings that are supposed to solve all the bushing problems.....
so the last few weeks i have been having a vibe / shimmy.....i check it out and guess what the freaking bushings are toast and have caused serious damage to my brand new tires "cupping"
now i am pissed
so today i decide to pull the uca's off again and remove and replace the old bushings with the spec ride ones.....
first arm i nick the uca while cutting the old bushing out....
no biggie i run a bead with the welder grind smooth..all is good
and i press in the new bushings......and that side done
now second side....i try to install the new bushing and it wont go in and it tears.
well i have had it with these POS UCA's
i should have went with a different brand....live n learn pay more now for say dsm uca or tc or whoever or save a few bucks and buy these "and then just eat money year after year after year with all the issues these things cause

here are some videos of said issues.....i have had

I WOULD NOT EVER RECOMMEND THESE ARMS TO ANYONE EVER......
THIS IS JUST MY EXPERIENCE....
DO WHAT YOU WANT ....BUT IF / WHEN U HAVE PROBLEMS LATER ON DON'T SAY I DID NOT WARN YOU

http://youtu.be/BzJzkmEgibI

http://youtu.be/zGqZc_GN6oI

http://youtu.be/qQcD1tlR8C0

IF ANYONE ELSE HAS ANY PROBLEMS PLEASE POST HERE
Old 05-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
That BJ looks dry, and those bushings were garbage from the start. I had the same problem with one of the bushings, and SpecProd took care of em'. I contacted Tech support and they sent me a new set of arms with the new style bushings, and they are still good to go after a year. I drive 30k a year as well, in the north east. I made sure to lube the hell out the BJ before I installed so I wouldn't have to worry bout what you got. I installed a few other members LR UCA's and made sure that their BJ's were lubed as well. I did just recently poke a hole in one of the BJ boots, so I'll be replacing that shortly. When I do, I'll be sure to inspect the condition of all the internals. But so far, I am 100% satisfied with my LR UCA's and also SpecProds customer service.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #4
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear about your experience. I did hear about the older models having bushings go out but this is the first I've heard about any other problem. Mine have held up to abuse for over a year without issue. Wierd that you've gotten so much grief from yours.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #5
hilux30 will become famous soon enoughhilux30 will become famous soon enough

hilux30's Tacoma Gallery
70K and one has a toasted ball joint, both need bushings as the rubber separated, bolts where not seized and torqued properly... Camburg with OEM balls next
Old 05-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #6
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Go Bruins
X2, Rangers suck
Old 05-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #7
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
So Scott , are you gonna install the SpecRide bushings you got ?
Old 05-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #8
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Already did
Old 05-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #9
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
Already did
Better ?
Old 05-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #10
BIG DADDY

rif ^^^^
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ld-thread.html
Old 05-20-2013, 10:16 PM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
I'm not reading through the whole abortion

Is it better or not ?

Go Bruins
Old 05-21-2013, 06:04 AM   #12
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilux30 View Post
70K and one has a toasted ball joint, both need bushings as the rubber separated, bolts where not seized and torqued properly... Camburg with OEM balls next
^70k seems like pretty good lifespan to me. Better than you'd get from an OEM Ford, Chevy or Dodge ball joint. Any reason you're not just replacing the balljoint with another LR one?
Old 05-27-2013, 05:57 PM   #13
billyrayaf is on a distinguished road
Air Force: currently in 5th security forces
Name: billy
billyrayaf's Tacoma Gallery
hmm just bought a pair of these hope this doesnt happen to me...
Old 05-29-2013, 05:24 PM   #14
hilux30 will become famous soon enoughhilux30 will become famous soon enough

hilux30's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
^70k seems like pretty good lifespan to me. Better than you'd get from an OEM Ford, Chevy or Dodge ball joint. Any reason you're not just replacing the balljoint with another LR one?
I chose to replace arms to Camburgs because: 1) I can use OEM ball joints (moog) that I can properly grease, made in the US, and are just stronger (I'll leave the details out). 2) I like that you can lube the bushings and the use of graphite urethane as the material. 3) I wanted to re-position the ball joint but keep adjustments only in the control arms. No alignment shop here likes messing with LRs adjustments.

verdict: Even though I still didn't get an alignment yet, this set up (w/ OME 885s) is just amazing. controlled but never harsh considering how nasty the roads here are... I'm not sure why but the LR arms made for nasty bump-steer and highway wondering since new (too much rubber in the bushing?) but all is gone now, just super direct.