Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

HFT 80 Watt Iron Plastic Welding Kit

Old 05-29-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
HFT 80 Watt Iron Plastic Welding Kit

This tool is a waste of time and money. I will be returning this.
First off this iron heated up quickly, melted any of the plastics that I used. That's where the pros stop.

While I was using the Iron I noticed smoke coming out of the base of the tip. Shortly after that the brass tip started to flex. I thought I was just putting too much pressure on it. After a few minutes the tip just melted off under it's own weight.

I thought that a component inside burned out so I took it apart. What I found was one 1/4 watt resistor and an LED on a 110v line.... You can see the silk screening has spaces for other components. I wonder if there is another version of this iron that has these components and is worth a crap.

reference: http://www.harborfreight.com/plastic...ron-67102.html
Old 06-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #3
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
I literally used this about a week ago. It got the job done repairing a pretty mest bumper. I went through the first one in one day, the tip pretty much fell out and was useless. I got another to finish the job (replaced with receipt). This one (still have it) is still in one piece but the tip is loose so it'll probably not work after the next job. Tip quality is crap but what can you expect if it's cheap? And from hf