Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Cascadia Vehicle Tents Roof Top Tents

Old 06-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #21
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryRider View Post
Old 06-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #22
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
The TENT is the same size between the bachelor and shasta - roughly 56x96 - the added room is in the annex
Ohh ok gotcha. So I'd be fine with just the Bachelor if it was lets say me my girlfriend and a small-medium size dog?
Old 06-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #23
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
CalgaryRider's Tacoma Gallery
There is no difference in interior dimensions (I don't believe) as the overhang is outside of the main room. The benefit is that you don't get wet getting in and out of the tent in a storm, and does leave a dry place to change with or without the annex.

The Annex is a nice feature if you plan on going somewhere and don't plan on packing up and moving, but it is a bit of a pain to put on and take off, but does make a really really nice place that is dry for changing.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #24
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Ohh ok gotcha. So I'd be fine with just the Bachelor if it was lets say me my girlfriend and a small-medium size dog?
well I can get myself (225 lbs) gf (way less then me!) and my 60lb dog in the tent comfortably.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #25
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Alright sorry I'm asking so many questions but.. With the overhang, you still have the regular door on the side of the tent?

Edit: Shoulda waited to post, thanks for the answers Calgary.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #26
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Can somebody set up your tent, lay on the ground near the ladder and take a pic so people can see what the overhangs actually look like?
Old 06-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #27

Quote:
Can somebody set up your tent, lay on the ground near the ladder and take a pic so people can see what the overhangs actually look like?
Yes interior pics would be nice
Old 06-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #28

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
dog staying in the tent or in the annex?

Quote:
Alright sorry I'm asking so many questions but.. With the overhang, you still have the regular door on the side of the tent?

Edit: Shoulda waited to post, thanks for the answers Calgary.
Yes, all of the tents have identical doors on each end. The overhang on the Shasta and Rainier is just like 3 extra walls and a roof that make a covered entry for the ladder
Old 06-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #29

Quote:
I don't have bungees?
in the hardware bag should have been some bungees with clips on them, I think they attach to the D-rings that hang off the interior walls of the tent to help collapse the tent.

They should be long black bungees, with a fairly big clip on them, its black plastic.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:26 PM   #30

Quote:
dog staying in the tent or in the annex?
Probably the annex but would be nice for it to be able to stay in the tent as well
Old 06-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #31

Quote:
Probably the annex but would be nice for it to be able to stay in the tent as well
as long as you can lift the dog in and out, and they aren't afraid of heights they can be in the tent no problems.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #32

Quote:
Yes interior pics would be nice
If its not raining here tomorrow, I can open up the tent and get some interior shots, and also some shots of the bungees for MTgirl

I can also get some shots of how the overhang covers the ladder.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #33

Quote:
If its not raining here tomorrow, I can open up the tent and get some interior shots, and also some shots of the bungees for MTgirl

No need to go through all that trouble. I'm not in a rush right now so just whenever you head out again
Old 06-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #34

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I thought I went through everything but I could have just overlooked them I'll check tomorrow
Old 06-02-2013, 06:26 AM   #35
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No worries! There are so many different bonuses to the tents!

I do have one question, who have played with different patterns with the bungee cords to help collapse the tent? I have tried 2 different patterns and seem to have one that works (crossing from top to bottom, from side to side), but just wondering if anyone has tried different patterns?
Bobby said he doesn't use the bungees. Still have to stuff the tent while zipping the cover anyway.

Quote:
That's what I'm doing

Quote:
Just wait til the next meet Steve and Anthony go to and you'll see the difference. Personally I don't like the overhang on the Shasta. I'm happy with the bachelor
Old 06-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #36

I finally got out and had a night to camp!

Here are a few interior shots
That pile is a double sleeping bag, 2 pillows, 2 blankets and the best part is they stay in the tent when folded up!

The bungee configuration (seems to work for me)

The Shasta overhang to cover the ladder

close up of the size of the overhang, very easy to set up (puts the ARB to SHAME!!)
Old 06-30-2013, 05:41 PM   #37
K12 is on a distinguished road
K12's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the info on this, very helpful.

If you dont mind me asking, where did you order your tent from calgary rider? I'm in calgary as well, seems like we get screwed really bad if you compare to us prices. Thanks!
Old 06-30-2013, 06:17 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12 View Post
Thanks for all the info on this, very helpful.

If you dont mind me asking, where did you order your tent from calgary rider? I'm in calgary as well, seems like we get screwed really bad if you compare to us prices. Thanks!
Your in luck! The Gear Shop is the place to get them in Canada and they are in Calgary (403) 261-0011
Old 06-30-2013, 06:31 PM   #39

Hey thanks Shayne! Didnt see your pics until today
Old 06-30-2013, 09:26 PM   #40
K12 is on a distinguished road
K12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Your in luck! The Gear Shop is the place to get them in Canada and they are in Calgary (403) 261-0011

Great, thanks! Drove by there on Saturday but they were closed. Looks like a nice shop.