Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Cascadia Vehicle Tents Roof Top Tents

Old 07-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #41
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
CalgaryRider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Hey thanks Shayne! Didnt see your pics until today
No worries, hope that it answered all your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12 View Post
Great, thanks! Drove by there on Saturday but they were closed. Looks like a nice shop.
Yeah, they are open Monday to Friday (gotta have the weekend to wheel). Good people to talk to and will answer all your questions. Best part is they are open late (till 7:30pm)
Old 08-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #42
Camburg Girl
KayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kayla
KayStrait's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
The only downside that I've found so far is that animals don't seem to realize you're up there...and if you know my history with elk then you know why this is a problem

This is so sweet! Great photo. I love these tent things, I've got to get one. You make me want to go CAMPING!
Old 08-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #43
bkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to all

Name: Dave
bkrdave36's Tacoma Gallery
Where is the link to the spongy liner stuff that is supposed to reduce eliminate condensation on the floor?
Old 08-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #44
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrdave36 View Post
Where is the link to the spongy liner stuff that is supposed to reduce eliminate condensation on the floor?
I know Bobby has started selling a moisture barrier as a few people have ordered it. However I don't see it listed on their website. I'm sure if you called them up they would be able to take your order over the phone and I believe it comes cut to fit in your specific tent.
Or you can order a similar product here - same basic idea
Old 08-09-2013, 01:14 PM   #46
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post

Old 08-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #47
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
I forgotted to take pics this last weekend... ...we had 5 CVT's in camp! I know a couple of the other guys got pics though.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:42 PM   #48
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I forgotted to take pics this last weekend... ...we had 5 CVT's in camp! I know a couple of the other guys got pics though.
If Craig wasn't so rude, maybe he would've taken a picture showing the other 3 in that camp site...
Old 08-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #50

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
OHHH! I lied...I did get one shot...
Old 08-09-2013, 10:23 PM   #51

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Umm... it was a bit dark.
Lol. Exactly why I don't have a pic either. The best I have is...

A picture of daisy Sunday morning with Ant and Steve's tents in the background

Old 08-09-2013, 10:25 PM   #52

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Damn lisa... Looks like a nice spot to camp
Old 09-11-2013, 07:32 AM   #54
I doughnut belong here.
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #55
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Great thread for those of us in the market. My wife and I are really looking forward to camping "in luxury", and the more I read about CVT the more inclined we are to get one!

MTgirl
Old 09-11-2013, 05:46 PM   #56

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
Damn lisa... Looks like a nice spot to camp
It was...absolute silence other than the creek running, clear skies at night and there were SO MANY stars! It just took a hell of a lot of effort to get there! Worst trail I've ever been on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrdave36 View Post
MTgirl ...That's the stuff! Thanks for the link!
Yup! I figured after the group buy we'd have a lot of happy RTT owners to share their thoughts. If you have any questions ask away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett707 View Post
That looks like a great spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
Great thread for those of us in the market. My wife and I are really looking forward to camping "in luxury", and the more I read about CVT the more inclined we are to get one!

MTgirl
Any questions? Concerns? Ask us TW'ers and RTT owners...and if we can't help Bobby from CVT is lurking here too.
Honestly, I don't regret the purchase at all. Having the tent has been great - so much more comfortable than a ground tent. If you're a camper "on the move" everyday or just can't stand to be in a campground this is the way to go!
Old 09-11-2013, 06:03 PM   #57
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Any questions? Concerns? Ask us TW'ers and RTT owners...and if we can't help Bobby from CVT is lurking here too.
Honestly, I don't regret the purchase at all. Having the tent has been great - so much more comfortable than a ground tent. If you're a camper "on the move" everyday or just can't stand to be in a campground this is the way to go!
We have an almost 2 year old son, and I'm working on an expedition build so we can hit the woods as a family. We'll be in Acadia for the first week of October. But if we can push farther off the beaten path... Awesome!
Old 09-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #58

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
We have an almost 2 year old son, and I'm working on an expedition build so we can hit the woods as a family. We'll be in Acadia for the first week of October. But if we can push farther off the beaten path... Awesome!
Kids love the RTT. I have some friends that have two little kids and whenever I'm at their house they want me to set up the tent so they can hang out up there Its like a treehouse without a tree I guess. The rules are: no rough housing, no jumping and when they want out they have to ask for help to get down the ladder (we leave a cell phone in there for them just in case).

As long as you have a semi-level spot to park you're good to go. I would suggest that if you get an RTT you get some RV leveling blocks (they look like big, flat legos) to park on just in case.
First week of October? Better make up your mind quickly! Its nice to have some time to get used to setting up and taking down the tent before your first real trip with it. The extra, ground level, space that the annexes have is great for storing gear (especially in bad weather) and probably more important with kids around.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:31 PM   #60

Quote:
Kids love the RTT. I have some friends that have two little kids and whenever I'm at their house they want me to set up the tent so they can hang out up there Its like a treehouse without a tree I guess. The rules are: no rough housing, no jumping and when they want out they have to ask for help to get down the ladder (we leave a cell phone in there for them just in case).

As long as you have a semi-level spot to park you're good to go. I would suggest that if you get an RTT you get some RV leveling blocks (they look like big, flat legos) to park on just in case.
First week of October? Better make up your mind quickly! Its nice to have some time to get used to setting up and taking down the tent before your first real trip with it. The extra, ground level, space that the annexes have is great for storing gear (especially in bad weather) and probably more important with kids around.
LOL! No way we'll have one by then, it's been a long slow build. But learning as much as I can so we can enjoy it as much as possible. I plan on building the rear rack to accommodate the tent as well as other useful features.