Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Cascadia Vehicle Tents Roof Top Tents

Old 04-02-2014, 08:51 AM   #121
Monkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud of
Marines:
Monkeyboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RigidTaco View Post
Does anyone have a newer rainier? Curious which way the rails run on the bottom for mounting. Do they run parallel to the 4 foot length or the 6 foot length?

Thanks
I have an older one, and by default they run the long way. However, you can cut them off and mount them the short way. I'm pretty sure this doesn't require drilling - if I recall correctly, the holes are premade.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:55 AM   #122
Bearded Bandit
RigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RigidTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyboy View Post
I have an older one, and by default they run the long way. However, you can cut them off and mount them the short way. I'm pretty sure this doesn't require drilling - if I recall correctly, the holes are premade.
Thanks

That makes sense, I wonder if it would mess with the durability of the structure at all? Seems the base is pretty solid and my rack is definitely solid. As you have one, whats your take on that?
Old 04-02-2014, 09:59 AM   #123
Monkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud of
Marines:
Monkeyboy's Tacoma Gallery
I shouldn't think it would be any weaker. The base is a honeycomb aluminum sheeting - it's plenty strong.

I've had mine 2+ years (~50 nights in it) and have beat the snot out of the tent on branches and crap and it's held up really well.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:56 AM   #124
Jumper's Leds
csjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: 2nd class petty officer
Name: chris
csjumper2003's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know If a queen size air mattress will fit in the bachelor?
Old 05-18-2014, 06:15 AM   #125
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by csjumper2003 View Post
Well it's not the size of a queen bed.. I believe it's similar width to a twin bed. But I wouldn't want an air mattress in it anyway. Super comfortable the way it is, or get a mattress topper
Old 05-18-2014, 11:27 AM   #126
Jumper's Leds
csjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: 2nd class petty officer
Name: chris
csjumper2003's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
Well it's not the size of a queen bed.. I believe it's similar width to a twin bed. But I wouldn't want an air mattress in it anyway. Super comfortable the way it is, or get a mattress topper
I've heard they are pretty comfortable but with a messed up back I'm seeing what my options are gonna be when I get one and the one I should get.
Old 05-18-2014, 01:12 PM   #127
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've heard they are pretty comfortable but with a messed up back I'm seeing what my options are gonna be when I get one and the one I should get.
Yea I'd just get a temperpedic mattress topper then. I definitely wouldn't sleep on an air mattress with a bad back, firmer mattress is better for your back.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:07 AM   #128
hoppie1 is on a distinguished road
hoppie1's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have any pics of your rack? I want to do the same setup on mine. Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryRider View Post
been a proud owner of a Mt. Shasta for over a year now, and its been all over the map, Interior BC, Alberta, Moab, Oregon coast, etc and I have 0 issues to report. It sets up quick, I can be parked, set up and asleep in under 5 mins! It paid off the first time I slept in it.

I also mounted my tent below the top of the cab (had custom bedbars made) and my gas mileage has hardly declined.

The upside is that I can keep 2 sleeping bags, 2 pillows and 1 duvet in the tent folded up without increasing the height of the tent. Makes falling asleep that much quicker! My gf and I have used it quite a bit, and there is more then enough room for both of us, and clothes without having to worry about space.

Just a few shots of the tent on the truck, and set up

On Hells Revenge going into one of the hot tubs

Set up at a show and shine

Big +1 for Bobby and CVT!
Old 05-21-2014, 12:29 PM   #129
Cascadia Tents is one of the sharper tools in the shedCascadia Tents is one of the sharper tools in the shedCascadia Tents is one of the sharper tools in the shedCascadia Tents is one of the sharper tools in the shedCascadia Tents is one of the sharper tools in the shedCascadia Tents is one of the sharper tools in the shedCascadia Tents is one of the sharper tools in the shedCascadia Tents is one of the sharper tools in the shedCascadia Tents is one of the sharper tools in the shedCascadia Tents is one of the sharper tools in the shedCascadia Tents is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bobby
Cascadia Tents's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Double bed. What are the measurements if the mattress? The tent is 56" wide x 96" long
Old 05-25-2014, 10:14 PM   #130
Slewfoot is on a distinguished road

Navy: Salty Diver
Name: Bear
Slewfoot's Tacoma Gallery
Great thread! I had spied a Blue DCLB while looking at some wheels by SCS which had one of these tents mounted on a bed rack. Can't wait to get one.

BTW, does anybody know whose rig that is in the last pic of the SCS post? It has the Gloss Jet Black wheels. Link to OP below.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...-17x8-5-a.html
Old 05-27-2014, 07:50 AM   #132

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post
Great thread! I had spied a Blue DCLB while looking at some wheels by SCS which had one of these tents mounted on a bed rack. Can't wait to get one.

BTW, does anybody know whose rig that is in the last pic of the SCS post? It has the Gloss Jet Black wheels. Link to OP below.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...-17x8-5-a.html
That's sytfu something's truck. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...n-project.html
Old 05-28-2014, 07:22 PM   #133
pasotaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
pasotaco's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody running their tent on a Yakima or thule bars on top of an access cab? I love my tent but also want to get my dirt bike in the back of my bed.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:51 PM   #135
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Bobby! I want to be on the payroll!
I broke from my normal camp routine of "dinner, clean up, campfire, RTT set up, show and tell" and set up my tent first on Saturday night...had about 6 different people stop by to check out the tent while I was cooking/eating.
A couple of different folks were genuinely interested in the RTTs and had never seen them before - one couple had a westfalia van but wanted to go places that they weren't comfortable taking it and a lady said she just sleeps in the bed of the truck when she wants to leave her RV behind. They were amazed at the RTT and the possibilities it could offer them in their travels. If any future buyers mention that they first heard of your tents from some crazy girl in Glacier National Park I want to know!
Old 09-10-2014, 07:15 PM   #137
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
lol@ "some crazy girl"

Old 09-19-2014, 10:08 AM   #139
jpachard is on a distinguished road
EMS:
jpachard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasotaco View Post
Anybody running their tent on a Yakima or thule bars on top of an access cab? I love my tent but also want to get my dirt bike in the back of my bed.

Pasotaco, I'm faced with the same issue. I'm leaning towards getting a class III hitch mounted bike carrier instead since I want to keep my RTT in my bed since i have to hoist my 55lb lab up in there to.

Thant being said, I'm not sure the roof of an access cab is long enough to support a RTT well anyway but it would be interesting to see how others have solved this issue.

Cheers, James
Old 09-19-2014, 10:23 AM   #140
Trucko is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
Trucko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasotaco View Post
I have mine on my double cab with Yakima bars and the bars are already sagging in the middle. Not by much but enough for me to look into another option to mount it. i do have the Rainier though so it does way more.