1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cascadia Vehicle Tents Roof Top Tents

Discussion in 'Cascadia Tents' started by MTgirl, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Jan 13, 2015 at 8:01 AM
    V5ioV

V5ioV My drinking team has a wheeling problem

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    King 2.5 Rem Resi Ext Travel w/comp adj w/700# springs, TC Uni-Ball UCAs, ARB/OME Dakar Leaf Springs w/ King 2.5 Rem Resi w/comp adj and custm eyelets, Stealth Custom Series F-5 Wheels wrapped on: 285/75/16 Fierce Attitudes, BORA 2.25 wheel spacers, GOODRIDGE extended Brake lines, Triple-6" Double Row LED Light Bars behind lower grill, ATFL MOD, TRD Ball Type Shift Knob, Husky WeatherBeater Floor Liners, 60'' HiLift Xtreme, 4xInnovations Bolt-On Sliders w/Kickout, Spring Hanger Skid, Custom BlackPipe Fabs CMC and custom FYL Bed Rack, CVT Mt. Shasta RTT, Trasharoo, 4xInnovations HiLift Bedside Mounts, 4xInnovations Front Skid Plate, TOYWERX Ghost Raptor thin-lip Satoshi Grill, RedLine Hood Struts, 4xInnovations Transmission Skid and T-Case Skid Plates, Wheelers Rear SuperBumps Bump Stops, All-Pro Off Road U-Bolt Flip Kit, UltraGauge, ARB OBA, Pelfreybilt HC rear Bumper, Rotopax system (Single Mounting Plate and Bed Rail Mounting Plate both with LOX handles.
  2. Jan 17, 2015 at 7:22 PM
    yote

yote Washington State University

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Tacoma, WA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Ext Cab TRD Off-Road
    Love seeing these tents, great reviews on CVT

3. Feb 5, 2015 at 5:45 AM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    King 2.5 Rem Resi Ext Travel w/comp adj w/700# springs, TC Uni-Ball UCAs, ARB/OME Dakar Leaf Springs w/ King 2.5 Rem Resi w/comp adj and custm eyelets, Stealth Custom Series F-5 Wheels wrapped on: 285/75/16 Fierce Attitudes, BORA 2.25 wheel spacers, GOODRIDGE extended Brake lines, Triple-6" Double Row LED Light Bars behind lower grill, ATFL MOD, TRD Ball Type Shift Knob, Husky WeatherBeater Floor Liners, 60'' HiLift Xtreme, 4xInnovations Bolt-On Sliders w/Kickout, Spring Hanger Skid, Custom BlackPipe Fabs CMC and custom FYL Bed Rack, CVT Mt. Shasta RTT, Trasharoo, 4xInnovations HiLift Bedside Mounts, 4xInnovations Front Skid Plate, TOYWERX Ghost Raptor thin-lip Satoshi Grill, RedLine Hood Struts, 4xInnovations Transmission Skid and T-Case Skid Plates, Wheelers Rear SuperBumps Bump Stops, All-Pro Off Road U-Bolt Flip Kit, UltraGauge, ARB OBA, Pelfreybilt HC rear Bumper, Rotopax system (Single Mounting Plate and Bed Rail Mounting Plate both with LOX handles.
    Has anyone received their CVT via "YRC Worldwide Freight" ?
    If so, any feed back on good, bad, and ugly?
    I'm expecting to received my 3rd tent via YRC after FedEx freight damaged 2 of them...

4. Feb 5, 2015 at 7:21 AM
    MTgirl

MTgirl [OP] too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    Mine came via Reddaway Freight which is a division of YRC. Everything was fine, but mine had a much shorter distance and fewer transfers to survive.

I hope third time's the charm! :fingerscrossed:

5. Feb 5, 2015 at 8:55 AM
    POOLGUY

POOLGUY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JEFF
    ALABAMA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD SPORT 6 SPEED
    Dobinsons suspension
    My came through them and was fine. I checked it out at the freight company.

6. Feb 5, 2015 at 12:19 PM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    I received it a few hours ago and it was in perfect conditions, unlike the 2 I got in the past through FedEx....

Sadly, i must say that I'm very DISAPPOINTED and unhappy; CVT seems to have changed the design. This tent came in with clear plastic windows... so basically there is zero "privacy" unless I put the canopies down (NOT a very easy task to do from the inside) The 2 that I had received prior had the fabric canopy on the outside, a zippered mesh and the zippered fabric with for obvious reasons makes a lot more sense....
    I spoke with Bobby about my concern and he said that he will exchange it for me one more time "when he make his way to east coast"
    I'm so frustrated with this situation... IMO, it is very poor thought process to have a tent that it's open to the view from the outside at all times...

7. Feb 5, 2015 at 12:39 PM
    MTgirl

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    :confused: so its like the stargazer roof panels but on the sides? i don't think i'd like that either. pics?

8. Feb 5, 2015 at 1:30 PM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    Yes, the exact same plastic so even when its closed, there is just a clear plastic and a see-through net on the window unless the canopies are down... I don't think I'm being picky by disliking this design, it's actually rather a flaw IMO
    The tent is sitting in my garage now... I'll post some pics when/if I get it set up, I don't think this is going to fly with my lady... I'm sure Bobby will do right about this but I'm just a little disappointed...

9. Feb 5, 2015 at 1:34 PM
    Spoon93

Spoon93 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rogue valley
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB SR5
    Yeah I wouldn't want a clear plastic window. I am going to the Sportmans Show in Portland Or this weekend so I will have to make sure the clear window is not a thing. Finally got the $ in hand for a Shasta and hoping the 2015 GB happens.

10. Feb 5, 2015 at 2:34 PM
    MTgirl

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    I wonder if it was just a mixup at the factory and they sewed the star gazer panels in the wrong spots

you could always get little curtains for the inside :notsure: not helping, I know...

I'm sure Bobby with get you squared away. You've been incredibly patient thus far.

11. Feb 5, 2015 at 4:49 PM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    I know you mean well with the curtain idea :) Bobby mention the same... but it's not a cheap tent, it's not the tent I used to have, its just straight up a bad idea, and it just looks ugly... (I hate the look of the clear plastic)

I can't open the tent all the way in my garage but this is kinda from the inside (you can clearly see the snowblower and my garage has poor lighting)

05588090726179a414ae9e49f5cce336_e65c513c0c883fd3aa3d04fe3dc9c73064b72fea.jpg

And this is from the outside:

fb98fef2339320d221588ac0541776b5_745cf0811a68bbee617ba1867307c0cb2bef278e.jpg

12. Feb 5, 2015 at 5:37 PM
    POOLGUY

POOLGUY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JEFF
    ALABAMA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD SPORT 6 SPEED
    Dobinsons suspension
    Those windows would not fly with us. We like to sleep and have fun without an audience.

13. Feb 5, 2015 at 5:38 PM
    MTgirl

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    If the tents a rockin... ;)

14. Feb 5, 2015 at 9:18 PM
    cbadbox

cbadbox Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Surf and Snow rig
    Icon Stage 5, set at 2" all the way around
    Has anyone mounted one of these on their shell?

15. Feb 5, 2015 at 9:46 PM
    NorthwestCruiser

NorthwestCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Snohomish, WA
    Vehicle:
    1996 Land Cruiser
    Custom 3 link, 40's etc..
    I have a Tepui mounted to my shell, I was deciding between CVT and Tepui which is why I subbed to this thread, but my Tepui does great up there. If you are worried about weight then I would add 1 or 2 more cross bars under the tent to distribute the weight better. A lot of people have theirs mounted to the shell though, have some pictures in my build if you'd like to see.

16. Feb 6, 2015 at 3:52 AM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    Yeah, I'm not happy

17. Feb 6, 2015 at 9:22 AM
    MTgirl

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    :eek: from CVT's facebook.... curious to know how the tent held up!
    [​IMG]

18. Feb 6, 2015 at 3:11 PM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
  19. Feb 6, 2015 at 3:54 PM
    MTgirl

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Exactly. Would like to know how it held up - I mean if the tent survived that then imagine what the *insert shipping company name here* folks have to be doing to destroy these things!

20. Feb 6, 2015 at 6:04 PM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    Lmao....

*Still haven't heard from Bobby

Products Discussed in

To Top