Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Tacoma Ladder Racks, I Need One !

Old 06-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #21
Fish On !!!
SH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kevin
SH7mi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Not sure. I know nothing about that company. I was just looking for a picture as a example and that was the website. Maybe try to find a local fabricator to build you a set, seems like a pretty basic build. Doesn't need to be a offroad fab guy or anyhing. Just need someone that can cut and weld some square stock or tubing. Maybe go to the local lumber yard and ask a contractor where he got his lol.
I was hoping Btnewman would show me something, the rack on his truck looks good but not what I need.
The site I posted earlier BlueWaterwelding has very nice racks, sturdy and actually look good but Two grand is too steep for the amount of times I will use these racks per year.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #22
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
I could easily build something for ya, I just havent built a full work rack yet. Gimme a day or so and I should be able to draft something up for you
Old 06-26-2013, 11:35 PM   #23
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Op, how much ish weight do you think you will carry at the max?
Old 06-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #24
Fish On !!!
SH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to behold
SH7mi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btnewman View Post
Op, how much ish weight do you think you will carry at the max?
I would guesstimate between 500 to 800 lbs
Old 06-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #25
Benjamin Newman

Ok, I think I have an idea that you might like. Its just a matter of getting some time with my puter to get a rough draft
Old 06-28-2013, 03:47 AM   #26
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Your best bet is probably to get a custom one made so it has everything you want. But here is a modular one i found http://www.rackitinc.com/modular/mod...otatacoma.html
Old 06-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #27
Fish On !!!
SH7mi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok, I think I have an idea that you might like. Its just a matter of getting some time with my puter to get a rough draft
Remember I would like the racks to be easily removed
Old 06-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #28
Benjamin Newman

How bout fold foreward? So all that is there is a cab rack, then when you want to haul lumber, fold a bar back and have a full rack?
Old 06-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #29
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Custom aluminum is the way to go if you want over the cab
Old 06-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #30
Benjamin Newman

Alumimum, over cab? AL doesn't have much of a fatigue life...
Old 06-28-2013, 08:47 PM   #31
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Alumimum, over cab? AL doesn't have much of a fatigue life...
Yeah man , tons of custom aluminum racks up here
Old 06-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #32
Benjamin Newman

possibly something like this?
and pardon the drafting, I still have a lot to learn
Attached Thumbnails
Tacoma Ladder Racks, I Need One !-bed-roof-rack-closed.jpg   Tacoma Ladder Racks, I Need One !-bed-roof-rack-open.jpg  
Old 06-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #33

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
That's cool ^^

But why not just do a fixed front and rear hoop , that will provide more strength for the cab over portion
Old 06-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #34
Benjamin Newman

I see what you are saying, the op wants a ladder style rack that is easily removable. I just wanted to see what he thought about have the rear hoop be able to swing forward out of the way, vs removing the whole rack. I do plan on usings either cables or a removable section of tubing to brace the rear hoop in the open position
Old 06-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #36
Benjamin Newman

Those are too easy
Old 06-29-2013, 06:06 PM   #37

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Those are too easy
Easily removeable and strong , yes
Old 06-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #38

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Or you could go to a nested , removeable rear hoop like this

Old 06-29-2013, 06:21 PM   #39
Benjamin Newman

I do like that idea! Simple, yet satisfying
Old 06-29-2013, 07:43 PM   #40
Benjamin Newman

Now I guess its up to the op