LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags

Old 07-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #1
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags

Hey,

Here I sit waiting for a friend to pick me up since apparently Firestone makes a nice kit , packs everything you need in it .....Well mostly grr unpacked the kit checked hardware count and all everything looks good. Start install and tada the fitting firfor the top of the bag are THE WRONG size !!!! So off to the hardware store to get reducers grrr. Check ALL items for count and FITMENT learn from the maroon.....that is all.

Cypher
Old 07-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
BillJC is on a distinguished road

Name: Bill
BillJC's Tacoma Gallery
Was the box assembled in May 2013? Mine and at least one other posted on this site had the same problem. If you call them, they will send you the correct fittings.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #3
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJC View Post
Was the box assembled in May 2013? Mine and at least one other posted on this site had the same problem. If you call them, they will send you the correct fittings.
I couldn't find the date on the box just went to ace got two reducers and done but did call them. After I read the UPC code off the box to them they said yes it was made in the time frame of "Issues with the part sort machines" lol I read that as someone loaded the wrong part in the bin :} They sent me some out I will just keep them as spares.

Cypher
Old 08-22-2013, 07:13 AM   #4
DolphinJohn is just really niceDolphinJohn is just really niceDolphinJohn is just really niceDolphinJohn is just really nice

DolphinJohn's Tacoma Gallery
I just got a call from the mechanic installing my air bags....

"hey John, the fittings on the top of the airbags are the wrong size"

sonofabitch.

Unfortunately I bought mine off Amazon so I just spent 20 minutes trying to explain the problem to a clueless Indian woman and hope that they send me the right ones.

They are going to send me an entire kit, I told her that there have been several kits that have the wrong parts and told her the date of packing info I got here. I pleaded with her to make sure someone actually checks to make sure the parts are correct before sending it out.

Wish me luck..

The mechanic is going ahead with the install without the air lines for now, and then will put them on when I get the right parts.

Fuck me.

Old 09-15-2013, 05:03 AM   #5
Deadcrowm is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Name: Mike
Deadcrowm's Tacoma Gallery
Any news on the fittings?
Old 09-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #6
BillJC is on a distinguished road

Name: Bill
BillJC's Tacoma Gallery
Call Firestone directly. I did and they sent me the correct fittings in about a week. They packed the box, not Amazon. BTW, I got mine from Amazon too and had no issues going directly to Firestone.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #7
rockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant futurerockhopjohn has a brilliant future

rockhopjohn's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought a set of Ride Rites from Amazon, got them installed yesterday and everything went together no problems. I am guessing there must have been a small run of kits that had the wrong parts.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #8
Deadcrowm is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Name: Mike
Deadcrowm's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. Just placed my order. No more saggy ass