Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Keyless Entry Keypad review

Old 02-10-2014, 04:16 PM   #41
Chilli Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedChilli Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedChilli Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedChilli Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedChilli Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedChilli Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedChilli Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedChilli Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedChilli Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedChilli Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedChilli Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chilli Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have not had that problem with mine. I have used it multiple times at the beach or on a hiking trail where I don't want to have to keep up with my keys. So I have used it hours after locking it and it works. Sometimes I do have to punch the code in more than once. I figured it is a distance issue since I have it mounted in my truck bed but it always works at least after punching it in a second time. Not sure what the cause would be for that problem. I am very happy with mine. Still on the original battery in mine.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #42
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbs keypad View Post
I have had this for a few years. The problem I have is that while the unit works great when testing, when it is needed it does not work.
I have determined that the unit only works when the locks are manually activated within 3 minutes. If you wait longer than 3 minutes the unit will not unlock the doors.
I have tried many batteries on this so it is not batteries and it works endlessly as long as you don't take a 3 minute break.

If anyone knows what the problem is please let me know by responding on this forum.
Otherwise I may have found out why the company went out of business.
Do you own a Tacoma? On a second gen Tacoma there are two lock/unlock switches and associated wiring on the driver's and front passengers doors. The rocker switch on the armrest does not work for unlock after you've locked the doors from the outside, this is a security feature. There is also a lock/unlock switch attached to the door handle/key cylinder assembly. That one works at all times. Which wires did you tap?