Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Weathertech Fitment Issue

Old 08-04-2013, 12:39 AM   #1
BioWheelin is on a distinguished road

BioWheelin's Tacoma Gallery
Weathertech Fitment Issue

I just received my brand spankin' new Weathertech digital fit floor liners... and the bloody things don't fit! Naturally, I punched in my '03 Tacoma info into their site before purchasing them. They ought to be a perfect fit... theoretically.

Has anyone else had this issue with Weathertech, or did I simply get a 1 in a 1000 wrong shipment?

I'll be contacting them shortly to exchange and hopefully get the right ones this time. It's frustrating to receive something shiny and new in the mail and then have to send it back to wait some more.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
my weathertech rear floor mats fits like crap. Looks like pep boys fit and finish Same goes for my integra front and rear floor mats.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:39 PM   #3
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
They don't make ones for first gen DC's. it says so on their site. Unfortunate, but I saw that when I went to order and held back.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #4
hurley842002 has a spectacular aura abouthurley842002 has a spectacular aura abouthurley842002 has a spectacular aura about

Law Enforcement:
Name: Dan
hurley842002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
They don't make ones for first gen DC's. it says so on their site. Unfortunate, but I saw that when I went to order and held back.
Are we talking front or rear liners? What would be the difference in a double cab or extra/reg cab as far as front liners are concerned? Just ordered some fronts, so a bit concerned
Old 08-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #5
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Both I believe. I'm talking about the digital fit ones though. Not the standard floor mats.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:09 PM   #6
hurley842002 has a spectacular aura abouthurley842002 has a spectacular aura abouthurley842002 has a spectacular aura about

Law Enforcement:
Name: Dan
hurley842002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Both I believe. I'm talking about the digital fit ones though. Not the standard floor mats.
I had 4 wheel parts order them for me, these are the ones I got..

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Interior-...t_pn=WEA450101

They should be here tomorrow, I guess I'll install in their parking lot, and if they don't work, I'll be getting a refund.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #7
lasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant future
Navy: Lead PO Submarine Reactor Control Dvision
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
I had Weathertec digital in my '09 AC. Was never happy with the fit: the sides on entry were too high and gap allow stuff to fall between sill and liner, dead pedal was not covered so crap from footware fell thrubto carpet. That said they did keep most stuff out.

On my 13 DBSC I have these (pics); Aries 3D, way better notice overlap to sill, dead pedel totally covered, tight fit against sidewall.
Attached Thumbnails
Weathertech Fitment Issue-image.jpg  
Old 08-05-2013, 01:31 PM   #8
lasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant future
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
Another, driver side
Attached Thumbnails
Weathertech Fitment Issue-image.jpg  
Old 08-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #9
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
What did those run you? I have the digital 'Techs on mine and while I see what you mean, I'm happy with them. I used a hair dryer to form them into the sills a little more
Old 08-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #10
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
These lay flush to the sill and overlap half a sill width ( on the factory plastic).

95 front
75 back
And well worth it as they look much better, fit way better, protect better.

http://www.realtruck.com/aries-3d-fl...8M177398A.html
Old 08-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #11
cowman71 is on a distinguished road
cowman71's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasllc View Post
Another, driver side
I can't quite tell from the pic, do these cover all of the dead pedal area (left foot rest)? Thanks.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #12
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
There is a lot of hype about Weathertechs, but I have never liked them. I have had universal fits from Walmart that was a better fit than the Weathertechs.
Good luck OP, I hope you get it resolved.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #13
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowman71 View Post
I can't quite tell from the pic, do these cover all of the dead pedal area (left foot rest)? Thanks.
Yes, AND they cover about an inch and half up along the plastic sidewall in the footwell. So you don't scuff it with the outboard edge of your footware.

There is no gap; they fit tight up against the plastic sidewalls. They have some sort of stiff hair type fibers that GRIP into the carpet, they DO NOT move once installed.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #14
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioWheelin View Post
I just received my brand spankin' new Weathertech digital fit floor liners... and the bloody things don't fit! Naturally, I punched in my '03 Tacoma info into their site before purchasing them. They ought to be a perfect fit... theoretically.
You didn't get the wrong shipment, you didn't see the message stating that the mats DO NOT FIT DOUBLE CAB...

Old 08-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #15
Experienced Noob
MHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: 911 Dispatch/R-LEO
Name: Nate
MHS2846bg8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurley842002 View Post
Are we talking front or rear liners? What would be the difference in a double cab or extra/reg cab as far as front liners are concerned? Just ordered some fronts, so a bit concerned
I had fronts in my 02 Double cab and they fit fine. They don't make molded ones for the rear. I bought just the all weather ones for the rear.