Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

BajaRack Utility (flat) Rack

Old 08-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
Gaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dean
Gaston's Tacoma Gallery
BajaRack Utility (flat) Rack

Just installed it yesterday, so it's too early for a review. Instillation seemed a bit dodgy but it's solid on all accounts. I had my 7 yr old son jump up and down on it and it passed that test. Wind noise is noticeable for sure but maybe I can fiddle with it (or just get accustomed to it).

A paddleboard will be the first true test...better review to follow.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #2
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Can you tell me the height from the roof to the top of the rack ?

Thanks in advance
Old 08-09-2013, 05:38 PM   #3
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
according to Bajarack.com it only adds 4.5 inches in height.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #4
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon850FL View Post
according to Bajarack.com it only adds 4.5 inches in height.
Thanks

I'm interested to see how it would align with my Leer cap rack
Old 08-09-2013, 05:43 PM   #5
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

the baja basket adds 6.5
Old 08-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #6

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the baja basket adds 6.5
What is on the OP's truck is just the flat rack , so 4 1/2" , correct ?
Old 08-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
What is on the OP's truck is just the flat rack , so 4 1/2" , correct ?
i know, i was just stating the differences between the 2 racks so people can save 2 minutes and dont have to type in bajarack.com
Old 08-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaston View Post

BTW.....looks good, im about to get the bajabasket. I like how they mount to the OEM holes.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i know, i was just stating the differences between the 2 racks so people can save 2 minutes and dont have to type in bajarack.com
Lol

Thanks
Old 08-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
OP , what is the measurement from centre to centre of the mounting points on the rack front to back ?
Old 08-09-2013, 10:01 PM   #11
Gaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gaston's Tacoma Gallery
On the rack, or on the mounting feet? They're a bit offset, but the brackets look to be the same angle so the distance is probably the same.

I could take up close shots of the rack mounting points if you're interested.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:06 PM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
On the rack, or on the mounting feet? They're a bit offset, but the brackets look to be the same angle so the distance is probably the same.

I could take up close shots of the rack mounting points if you're interested.
On the rack itself

Thanks
Old 08-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #13
Gaston's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like 44".
Old 08-09-2013, 10:13 PM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Looks like 44".
Awesome

Thanks again , have some green squares on me
Old 09-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #15
Gaston's Tacoma Gallery
Things a beast. Bed was full of tools and such so we threw the theater flats on the rack. I had to take the interstate so I hit speeds of 65 mph. Everything stayed put and as solid as when I loaded it...probably should have put the small one on top...oh well.

For some reason I don't have a photo with my paddleboard on it, but it's a much easier load than this one was.

ETA: Here's a roof top pic.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #16
Punkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Ryan
Punkindrublic's Tacoma Gallery
I also own a Baja Rack for my Tacoma and am very satisfied with it. Although I own the basket version, I have had it for almost 2 years now and have had no issues with it what so ever. The powder coat has held up well over the 2 years.

Also, for anyone looking at getting a Baja Rack for their truck Southeast Overland (a vendor on here) sells them cheaper than MSRP.

http://southeastoverland.com/index.p...d=64&Itemid=33