LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Your Opinion on Air Filter?

Old 08-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
Kevinztaco has a spectacular aura aboutKevinztaco has a spectacular aura about
Kevinztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Your Opinion on Air Filter?

I'm thinking about ordering a high flow air filter but Id like to hear your opinion before I place an order. Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/aFe-Power-31...ed6d88&vxp=mtr
Old 08-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #2
Eat right, be fit, die anyway
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
zacharypaul89's Tacoma Gallery
I like the AFE Pro Dry Air Filter. It's only $40ish
Old 08-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #3
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
I am a fan of K&N. They have been around forever. They did just release a new Dry Element Filter too. And run an Outerwears if you are in really dusty conditions.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:07 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
OEM filters for me. I didn't like the hassle of cleaning the high flow filters so I'm back to a good ole' OEM filter that I just replace once a year. There was no noticable gains in performance or MPG's with the high flow filters for me.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #5
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
I am a fan of K&N. They have been around forever. They did just release a new Dry Element Filter too. And run an Outerwears if you are in really dusty conditions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
OEM filters for me. I didn't like the hassle of cleaning the high flow filters so I'm back to a good ole' OEM filter that I just replace once a year. There was no noticable gains in performance or MPG's with the high flow filters for me.
Op, what do you DO with your truck, where does it park; both at work & home ???

Answering these will give you a better idea "What will work"..

Pugga "nailed it" with a simple BUT methodical way of keeping everything "Right" with your air system BUT if you park around a "sandy/dusty/nasty " enviroment like I do a K&N works the "Balls"...Yes it means up-keep BUT I have yet to have that airbox get dirty past that filter and lets just say it( the K&N) has a FEW years on it........Mpg's have never changed since the "install" and that works for me...
Old 08-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #6
Proud *****
LadTacoma is on a distinguished road

Army: Artillery "King of Battle!"
Name: Ray
LadTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Dry Airfilter in my photo gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinztaco View Post
I'm thinking about ordering a high flow air filter but Id like to hear your opinion before I place an order. Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/aFe-Power-31...ed6d88&vxp=mtr
Check out my pic gallery. I think I'm using the filter you're thinking about. if it is, you won't be disappointed. It's a really good airfilter. I've washed it twice since I bought it last year. Noticeable change in accelaration. Check it out!

Products Discussed in this Thread