Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Diamondback Tonneau Cover

Old 09-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
lshammer is on a distinguished road
lshammer's Tacoma Gallery
Diamondback Tonneau Cover

Any info on installing a Diamondback HD or 270 tonneau cover on a 2013 Tacoma dbl cab? Various websites advise to remove the bad caps and rails, others state either cover can be installed w' the bed as is. Diamondback website offers an install manual w/o specifics for a 2013. Really like the looks of the cover, not thrilled w' the lack of available info. Thanks
Old 12-18-2014, 12:11 AM   #2
Jector11 is on a distinguished road
Jector11's Tacoma Gallery
Did you every get info on this?

Im looking at either the SE or LT. The guy at diamondback and the installation manual say holes need to be drilled. is there away around that?

I have seen some places that the rails need to be taken off and other places don't mention it.
Old 12-18-2014, 02:45 AM   #3
Coop68 is on a distinguished road

Coop68's Tacoma Gallery
I too been reading into this finding very little, I been looking at the SE model. For my 2014 Tacoma ORDC short bed

What I have found is they sell the tonneau covers with hardware for the rail system. Here is a link to there website download the owners manual for install it shows different hardware for use with Tacoma it also mentions how to install the cover. You do have to drill in order to get the cover to lock correctly or is recommended. I would say the bed caps should come off as they will eventually crack with X amount of weight. Not to mention the back and front dip down from the bed cap. Might not be an issue, with the trim could fit just fine, maybe others can chime in what they had to do for proper install.
Link to owners manual:
http://www.diamondbackcovers.com/ownersguides.php

I'm looking to order in two weeks, they are currently running sales for these seems like this is the only time of year I see it on sale!