Notices

Looking for rear bumper

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #1
cgnsa is on a distinguished road

Name: Cameron
cgnsa's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for rear bumper

I currently just have the chrome rear stock bumper on my 2010 Tacoma. I am looking into getting a new rear bumper for a reasonable price. I don't do any crazy offroading or rock climbing or anything like that. I just would like a bumper that would give me a little more protection and insurance. I am currently looking into the Body Armor 4x4, but I have read a lot of mixed reviews on this site. If you could provide me any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Bumpers-T...n=B%2fATC-2961
Old 09-05-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for rear bumper-imageuploadedbytapatalk1378407268.549791.jpgLooking for rear bumper-imageuploadedbytapatalk1378407280.361724.jpg
Old 09-05-2013, 11:58 AM   #5

cgnsa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTTACOMA View Post
I would snoop around on this site. There are a bunch of small custom builders with some great prices. My fav is Pelfreybilt.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...gens-only.html
Thanks! I actually have looked around there before, great suggestion!
Old 09-05-2013, 11:58 AM   #6
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgnsa View Post
That is a pretty sweet bumper! If you don't mind me asking, how much did that run you?
Actually built it myself. Just got finished with it a couple days ago. Built it so itd be sleek and slim with the body while still having protection (1/4" steel all around).

It is for sale tho if interested
Old 09-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #8

cgnsa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Actually built it myself. Just got finished with it a couple days ago. Built it so itd be sleek and slim with the body while still having protection (1/4" steel all around).

It is for sale tho if interested
Oh nice! Good job man! How much are you asking for it?
Old 09-05-2013, 12:01 PM   #9
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Oh nice! Good job man! How much are you asking for it?
$250 since its like a prototype and was my first one ever built.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #11

cgnsa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
$250 since its like a prototype and was my first one ever built.
Ok, cool, I might be interested in it. How is the install?
Old 09-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #12
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Ok, cool, I might be interested in it. How is the install?
A friend and mallet/hammer with block of wood will make it a breeze. It's a tight fit on the frame rails so just get A friend to get one side and you get the other, line it up with frame rails and then push it on as far as you can. Then use mallet to tap it on the rest. I install/remove it myself the past 3 days with the help of jack stands to hold it up. Uses the 3 stock mounting bolts.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #13

cgnsa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
A friend and mallet/hammer with block of wood will make it a breeze. It's a tight fit on the frame rails so just get A friend to get one side and you get the other, line it up with frame rails and then push it on as far as you can. Then use mallet to tap it on the rest. I install/remove it myself the past 3 days with the help of jack stands to hold it up. Uses the 3 stock mounting bolts.
Ok, Nice! There was no cutting involved, right?
Old 09-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #14
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Ok, Nice! There was no cutting involved, right?
Right. Completely bolt on
Old 09-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #16

cgnsa's Tacoma Gallery
Picked up my new rear bumper thanks to Lucario Runner and SingleCabGuy! Cant wait to put it on!
(sorry about the picture orientation. tried to rotate it, but it did not work..)
Old 09-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #17
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
looks pretty sweet. dont forget to test it out and let the rest of us know about his craftsmanship!
Old 09-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #18

cgnsa's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man! Definitely! I'm planning on picking up some Line-X so it will match my Nfab steps. Hopefully going to have it on by this Monday. Big shout out to SingleCabGuy and Lucario Runner!
Old 09-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #19
Total Automotive Performance
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chas
Chas of MRT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Picked up my new rear bumper thanks to Lucario Runner and SingleCabGuy! Cant wait to put it on!
(sorry about the picture orientation. tried to rotate it, but it did not work..)

Looks super beefy!

Products Discussed in this Thread