Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Anyone try these brakes

Old 09-09-2013, 03:08 AM   #2
cdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant future

Name: Clint
cdj1's Tacoma Gallery
I put the non slotted/ drilled set on my 97 2.7 4wd reg cab but did it with the tundra caliper upgrade. The only thing I don't like is they squeak/ squeal in reverse braking. Other than that I am happy.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:11 AM   #3
miniceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cook, 589th Combat Engineers, Ahn Khe, RVN
Name: Jim
miniceptor86's Tacoma Gallery
Hi,
I put the rotors and "towing" pads on my 07 and I am very happy with them. The braking action is more consistent, the stock brakes had good initial bite but weren't very progressive, felt like they were fading. Rock auto had the best price at the time after shipping was added. Got them two days after I ordered.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:30 PM   #4
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CIVILIAN/ E-5
Name: Jess
jmarquez808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniceptor86 View Post
Hi,
I put the rotors and "towing" pads on my 07 and I am very happy with them. The braking action is more consistent, the stock brakes had good initial bite but weren't very progressive, felt like they were fading. Rock auto had the best price at the time after shipping was added. Got them two days after I ordered.
sweet so this was the set up u got? yah mine definately have a lot fo fade. dont like the stock braes to much. I dont wanna go swapping out to steel brake lines and big brake upgrades, just to costly right now. Cool i think im gonna try them unless anyone had some bad experiences
Old 09-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #5
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdj1 View Post
I put the non slotted/ drilled set on my 97 2.7 4wd reg cab but did it with the tundra caliper upgrade. The only thing I don't like is they squeak/ squeal in reverse braking. Other than that I am happy.
my drum brakes squeel in reverse and dirves me nutz!!!! AHHHHHHH. probably need ot change the shoes too
Old 09-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #6
Total Automotive Performance
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chas
Chas of MRT's Tacoma Gallery
Powerstop kits arent bad. I used the slotted rotors and they were decent. I would recommend slotted only rotors, the holes do not do much on a truck, but the slots help prevent pad build up which is what causes a lot of the pulsation and vibration. Powerstop rotors are cast overseas somewhere in Asia, but the zinc coating and any mill work is finished here in the US
Old 09-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #7
Large Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas of MRT View Post
Powerstop kits arent bad. I used the slotted rotors and they were decent. I would recommend slotted only rotors, the holes do not do much on a truck, but the slots help prevent pad build up which is what causes a lot of the pulsation and vibration. Powerstop rotors are cast overseas somewhere in Asia, but the zinc coating and any mill work is finished here in the US
Sweet. Yah ill try to look around for tbe kitt with slotted only. Rockauto only has the drilled and slotted kits
Old 10-15-2013, 01:11 AM   #8
Artruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Artruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquez808 View Post
my drum brakes squeel in reverse and dirves me nutz!!!! AHHHHHHH. probably need ot change the shoes too
How many miles do you have on them? You might just need to brake in reverse a few times in a row to re adjust the shoes to the drum.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #9
Large Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artruck View Post
How many miles do you have on them? You might just need to brake in reverse a few times in a row to re adjust the shoes to the drum.
im just about 69,000 miles. pretty sure mine just need to have the brake shoes changed. they are original brakes that i bought the truck with. just changed my rotors and pads up front. rotors had plenty of life left but pads were done! i had the powerstop kit already so i just changed them and keeping the stocks as spares.