Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

What was the best mod you did for under $150?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
Total Automotive Performance
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chas
Chas of MRT's Tacoma Gallery
What was the best mod you did for under $150?

As the title states, what do you believe was the best mod you did to your truck for under $150?

Mine would have to be the steering rack bushings from Energy Suspension. Its the first thing I now put on any new Toyota I pick up.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:24 PM   #2
RacecarGuy is on a distinguished road
RacecarGuy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm more worried about breaking stuff, so for me, it's probably BAMF LCA skids or Inchworm e-locker guard.

I haven't heard about the steering bushing? Is it only for worn out replacements or did it have improvements over a factory fresh bushing?
Old 09-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #3
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
Abs disable. By far.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #4
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Lexus IS-F Sport shift knob, just because I use it every time I drive.

Performance-wise, I can imagine steel-braided brake lines being a very bang-for-the-buck installation.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #5
cdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant future

Name: Clint
cdj1's Tacoma Gallery
In cab winch controls
Attached Thumbnails
What was the best mod you did for under 0?-uploadfromtaptalk1379461642047.jpg  
Old 09-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #7
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bushings are a harder polyurethane material and are an improvement even over factory fresh bushings. They greatly reduce some of the slack in the wheel.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Performance-wise, I can imagine steel-braided brake lines being a very bang-for-the-buck installation.
They are a BIG and very noticeable improvement, even with stock pads, rotors & fluid.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #9
MajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud of

Marines: Sergeant of Marines, 4th Force Recon
Name: Johnny
MajKong's Tacoma Gallery
Bed mat!
Old 09-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #11
Solo707 is a jewel in the roughSolo707 is a jewel in the roughSolo707 is a jewel in the roughSolo707 is a jewel in the rough

Law Enforcement:
Solo707's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajKong View Post
Bed mat!
+1
Old 09-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #12
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
shift knob for sure. just makes the overall driving experience a little better
Old 09-27-2013, 10:05 AM   #13
It is a Fluid Situation
goomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud of
Name: Josh
goomba's Tacoma Gallery
Well putting gas in my truck works well only 50 bucks
Old 09-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #15
2012tacolover will become famous soon enough2012tacolover will become famous soon enough

Name: Norm
2012tacolover's Tacoma Gallery
My LED Dome & Map Lights, lights my truck up at night so I can see things, and my window tint!
Old 09-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #16
Gear Jammer
Brodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brodie's Tacoma Gallery
Bed mounted Bottle opener.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #17
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Either the Husky floor mats or the bed mat. They are the most extensively used mods on my truck. New brakes are a close second but was a little over the $150 mark.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:07 AM   #18
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
ABS kill switch. Free and my truck no longer attempts to kill me on a daily basis.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #20
Mama didn't raise no fool
slaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant future

Air Force: Veteran
Name: Travis
slaphappy's Tacoma Gallery
In the young life of my Tacoma..window tint

Products Discussed in this Thread