LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Aries 3D Floor Liners - Product Review

Old 09-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #1
TomRnHT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTomRnHT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTomRnHT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTomRnHT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTomRnHT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTomRnHT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTomRnHT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTomRnHT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTomRnHT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTomRnHT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTomRnHT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TomRnHT's Tacoma Gallery
Aries 3D Floor Liners - Product Review

I was debating between the WeatherTech and Husky floor liners when I stumbled across a post for the Aries 3D Floor Liners. What I liked about the Aries liners was the more carpet-like appearance compared to the utility look of the WeatherTechs and Huskys. Finding very little information on them in the forum, I took a chance and purchased the Aries floor liners from AutoAnything during one of their promotions. The price fell in between the WeatherTech and Husky liners.

The front and rear liners came in a single package (Figure 1). The underside of the Aries liners is covered with a Velcro-like material designed to grip interior carpet (Figure 2), which it does very well. Installation is very straightforward. The only tip I can provide is to move the front seats as far back as possible to make fitment easier. The gripping material on the underside of the mats makes maneuvering them on the floor difficult. You can see the OEM and Aries mats compared in Figures 3-5.

Coverage underneath the driver side pedals was a critique of the WeatherTechs by Husky owners. While not as substantial as the Husky liners, the Aries do provide ample coverage underneath the pedals in my opinion (Figure 6). I found a few slight fitment issues on the driver and passenger liners near the center console (Figure 7). Iím hoping this will diminish as the floor mats settle. Similar to the WeatherTechs, some will critique the exposed floor mat pegs, suggesting that water may leak through the openings. However, I actually prefer the twist-lock attachment of the OEM and Aries floor liners as I feel it secures the mats to the floor. The fitment of the plastic pegs in the Aries floors liners is snug, so I suspect leakage will be minimal. Iíve given some thought to placing nylon caps over the pegs, but have yet to find the appropriate size.

Overall, Iíve very satisfied with the purchase. I like the look of the Aries liners and feel they will provide excellent spill/dirt protection. I hope this review will be helpful to anyone else considering floor liners.
Attached Thumbnails
Aries 3D Floor Liners - Product Review-figure-1.jpg   Aries 3D Floor Liners - Product Review-figure-2.jpg   Aries 3D Floor Liners - Product Review-figure-3.jpg   Aries 3D Floor Liners - Product Review-figure-4.jpg   Aries 3D Floor Liners - Product Review-figure-5.jpg  

Aries 3D Floor Liners - Product Review-figure-6.jpg   Aries 3D Floor Liners - Product Review-figure-7.jpg  
Old 09-26-2013, 09:09 AM   #2
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for taking the time to post up the side by side comparison photos. I've had Husky in the past, but its nice to see other options for my Gen 2!
Old 09-26-2013, 09:10 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Those look really nice. I'd be curious to see how they hold up over time compared to Husky and Weathertech but initially, they look great!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #5
Winck is a jewel in the roughWinck is a jewel in the roughWinck is a jewel in the roughWinck is a jewel in the rough
Name: John
Winck's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the thorough review and pics. I ordered a set of these last week through RealTruck for my yet to arrive 2014 DCSB. Feeling even more confident about my purchase thanks to your review.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:50 AM   #6
cowman71 is on a distinguished road
cowman71's Tacoma Gallery
The OP has the same fitment issues next to the center console that I have with my Aries liners. Beyond that I'm happy with mine as well.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #7
Master Baiter
jethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
jethro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowman71 View Post
The OP has the same fitment issues next to the center console that I have with my Aries liners. Beyond that I'm happy with mine as well.
Little heat gun action might fix the problem.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:31 AM   #8
1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed
1 Bored Clerk's Tacoma Gallery
I like the softer look of these. Nice review. I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on some mats and hadn't even considered these until now. The fitment issue isn't terrible and, at least, its in a location that doesn't really affect function.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:27 AM   #9
Bengt18T is on a distinguished road
Bengt18T's Tacoma Gallery
I had these in my Tundra and LOVED them. I've had weathertech's and OEM's in other vehicles and these are nicer IMO than all of them. I'll be getting a set when I get a chance for the Taco.

Products Discussed in this Thread