Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Receiver mounted winch. Anyone?

Old 10-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
trint99 is on a distinguished road

Name: Trint
trint99's Tacoma Gallery
Receiver mounted winch. Anyone?

I'm looking for first hand experience. Has anyone used a receiver cradle mounted winch?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KnzfN3vUZw

I think it would be much more practical to have a winch you could mount front or back, cuz, let's face it, sometimes you need to winch out, not through.

But, that said, I wonder how stable it would be. I imagine putting that kind of torque on your receiver hitch (because you can seldom winch straight out) could do some real damage.

Thoughts?
Old 10-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trint99 View Post
I'm looking for first hand experience. Has anyone used a receiver cradle mounted winch?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KnzfN3vUZw

I think it would be much more practical to have a winch you could mount front or back, cuz, let's face it, sometimes you need to winch out, not through.

But, that said, I wonder how stable it would be. I imagine putting that kind of torque on your receiver hitch (because you can seldom winch straight out) could do some real damage.

Thoughts?
My buddy rock crawls. He has a front and rear setup.
Works great and he has a mount in the back of his 4runner to store it when he is not off roading. He has his plates on mounts to go in the receiver so the whole setup is hidden.