Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

How's This Cheap Bed Net?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #1
"Some people feel the rain, others just get wet"
HawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
HawaiiTRD's Tacoma Gallery
How's This Cheap Bed Net?

How's it TacomaWorld,

I'm looking for a cheap bed net for my DCSB and found this on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A1FMUOMSDTCB8X

It's 5x4 feet unstretched so should be a perfect fit. It's also just $9.50 with free shipping (probably doesn't include Hawai'i though). The Amazon reviews aren't bad. Anybody have this net or know of a better option? For the price I'm thinking I really can't go wrong with this one, and I don't do heavy hauling anyways so it doesn't need to be the strongest out there.

Thanks
Old 11-10-2013, 12:19 AM   #2
FFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really nice
Name: Dan
FFRNDAN's Tacoma Gallery
I bought something similar from Harbor freight. Works great as long as you aren't trying to hold down anything too heavy. For that, use some ratchet straps. The cheap plastic clips/hooks on mine break fairly easily, so you might want to swap those out with something metal as they break.

I believe the HF price was about the same.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:05 AM   #3
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
It'll work if you're carrying garbage bags with pop cans in them. But those bungee nets are not very strong
Old 11-10-2013, 06:25 AM   #5
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
I have a similar one I got at Walmart, I believe made by Reese.

Clips aren't the best but they work fine with the bed cleats and D-rings. I used mine to haul about 20 boxes worth of shirts and trophies about an hour on the highway and never had any issues with it...

If the clips aren't to your liking you could use the D-rings like people use for keychains I would imagine. Haven't tried it myself.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:10 AM   #6
HawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks for the replies guys. The link I posted had shipping more expensive than the net. I found the same net on Ebay for $10 shipped so I got it, will leave a review later on.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:55 PM   #7

My net came in today earlier than expected. Sender used a flat rate package so I was able to get it for $10 on Ebay. As expected the plastic clips are crap, but overall I'm pleased. I stretched it out to see how it fits over the bed and it's perfect for my intentions. I'll be going to Home Depot this weekend to get some new clips and will post a pic. Here's the net stretched from corner to D-Rings by tailgate:

Old 11-14-2013, 10:02 PM   #8
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I also use the harbor freight one. It works well to keep my camp stuff in the bed . I also have the dealer bed net to hold items securely in the bed
Old 11-14-2013, 10:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
I also use the harbor freight one. It works well to keep my camp stuff in the bed . I also have the dealer bed net to hold items securely in the bed
I want the Toyota net, but it's way too expensive for me.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #10
crumf20 has a spectacular aura aboutcrumf20 has a spectacular aura aboutcrumf20 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Wesley
crumf20's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiTRD View Post
How's it TacomaWorld,

I'm looking for a cheap bed net for my DCSB and found this on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A1FMUOMSDTCB8X

It's 5x4 feet unstretched so should be a perfect fit. It's also just $9.50 with free shipping (probably doesn't include Hawai'i though). The Amazon reviews aren't bad. Anybody have this net or know of a better option? For the price I'm thinking I really can't go wrong with this one, and I don't do heavy hauling anyways so it doesn't need to be the strongest out there.

Thanks
Harbor Freight man 10 dollars!!! Amazingly perfect fit!
Old 11-14-2013, 10:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by crumf20 View Post
Harbor Freight man 10 dollars!!! Amazingly perfect fit!
Same price I got the one posted above shipped to the islands. I saw the 60x36 one on Harbor Freight, looks like the same net. Got mines from Ebay.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:55 PM   #12

I forgot to update so here it is (like anyone cares )

Got some hardware at Home Depot and did this:

Here's a close-up of the crappy plastic hooks it came with:

I used eye-bolts and some spring clips for the new set-up. I like it better than clipping straight to the cleats:

The next day I tested it out and hit the freeway to see how it holds:

I'm please with the overall result. All together for the net and hardware was around $20-$25, well within my cheapo budget
Old 11-23-2013, 09:46 AM   #13
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet look.

Did the clips go right on the cleats and you just chose to use the eyelets? If they did, tell me what size clips please..thought of doing the same with mine..
Old 11-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #14
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiTRD View Post
I want the Toyota net, but it's way too expensive for me.
I have the one that goes against the cab from bed clear to bed cleat . I got it on sale for like $30. Worth every penny . My harborfreight one stretched over the top of the bed like the pictures here.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABA180 View Post
Sweet look.

Did the clips go right on the cleats and you just chose to use the eyelets? If they did, tell me what size clips please..thought of doing the same with mine..
The clips weren't a perfect fit for the cleats but would have been usable. They are the 3" clips, which is the length measurement. I decided to go with the eye-bolts which are 1/4" x 3" and fit perfectly in the preexisting holes in the cleats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
I have the one that goes against the cab from bed clear to bed cleat . I got it on sale for like $30. Worth every penny . My harborfreight one stretched over the top of the bed like the pictures here.
$30 is a sweet deal!

Products Discussed in this Thread