Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

PELFREY VS DREMELLO FRONT BUMPER

Old 11-20-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
ttatham is on a distinguished road
ttatham's Tacoma Gallery
PELFREY VS DREMELLO FRONT BUMPER

Howdy Everyone!
I'm at a point where I'm looking to invest in some new bumpers for my '13 DCLB Sport 4X4.

I've always been a fan of the three-hoop layout (first ones I saw were by Demello) but have read some really good things about Pelfrey Bilt stuff and they have a pretty sweet (albeit similar looking to the Dremello) three hoop option.

Does anyone have any advice for which direction I should go?

Now for the back, I haven't done hardly any research but if you have a suggestion on a rear bumper, I'm all ears!

Thank you in advance!

.tommy t.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome
Its Demello*, no r
If you havent checked out Relentless yet, you should check them out too.
Of your choices, I would go Pelfrey. Tyler puts out some pretty awesome stuff.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #3
ttatham's Tacoma Gallery
Typing too fast fAil!

Thank you for your response! I do think that I am leaning toward Pelfrey. I've heard nothing but really good things about his work.

/tt
Old 11-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #5
v8turbo is on a distinguished road
v8turbo's Tacoma Gallery
Pelfreybilt. Quality. Great design. And it's strong.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:34 PM   #6
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttatham View Post
Howdy Everyone!
I'm at a point where I'm looking to invest in some new bumpers for my '13 DCLB Sport 4X4.

I've always been a fan of the three-hoop layout (first ones I saw were by Demello) but have read some really good things about Pelfrey Bilt stuff and they have a pretty sweet (albeit similar looking to the Dremello) three hoop option.

Does anyone have any advice for which direction I should go?

Now for the back, I haven't done hardly any research but if you have a suggestion on a rear bumper, I'm all ears!

Thank you in advance!

.tommy t.
I can't speak for Demello, they do carry a great product, as does Pelfrey.

I know Tyler personally, & we wheel together on some of the tougher trails san diego has to offer, I've seen him purposely slam into rocks just to see what type of damage will occur & gotta say I have yet to see his armor/slides/skids suffer anything more than some rock rash you'd expect to see when slamming thousands of pounds of truck on rocks... Ok, so now we know his products are up to the task, what about the man ?? Tyler is a perfectionist, if he's not happy or completely satisfied with the quality of a customers order guess what? It goes NOWHERE until he IS completely satisfied with the finished product, alot of fab shops should take a page out of his book in regards to customer service & pride in workmanship, other aftermarket companies will really have to jump to reach the bar that Pelfreybilt offroad has set....that is my honest observation..
Old 11-20-2013, 10:39 PM   #7
stihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stihlfoursix_0's Tacoma Gallery
Pelfreybilt...top notch craftsmanship, and customer service!!! Tyler is a hell of a guy
Old 11-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #8
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
I originally wanted a 3 hoop Demello, but after research and a year of thinking, I went with a Pelfreybilt. Tyler was able to even make it wider to fit my fiberglass fenders! He's the best. Craftsmanship, honesty, fast turnaround, and one hell of a beefy product. I get comments about it all the time.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #9
ttatham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
I can't speak for Demello, they do carry a great product, as does Pelfrey.

I know Tyler personally, & we wheel together on some of the tougher trails san diego has to offer, I've seen him purposely slam into rocks just to see what type of damage will occur & gotta say I have yet to see his armor/slides/skids suffer anything more than some rock rash you'd expect to see when slamming thousands of pounds of truck on rocks... Ok, so now we know his products are up to the task, what about the man ?? Tyler is a perfectionist, if he's not happy or completely satisfied with the quality of a customers order guess what? It goes NOWHERE until he IS completely satisfied with the finished product, alot of fab shops should take a page out of his book in regards to customer service & pride in workmanship, other aftermarket companies will really have to jump to reach the bar that Pelfreybilt offroad has set....that is my honest observation..
rad. Thank you for your input! it sounds like Tyler and I would get along great, and with so many positive things said about his work I think that I am going to buy from him.

STOKED!
Old 11-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #10
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Pelfreybilt! Tyler is a standup guy. His stuff is high quality and built beefy as shit.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:05 PM   #11
JabbaJabbaJabba
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery

Demello is awesome. Really love it.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #12
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Bruteforce fab ftw.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #13
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^^^ Billy is the shit too from what i've been hearing.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #14

And that hybrid bumper he makes gives me a half chub everytime i see one on a Taco
Old 11-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #15
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Tyler is a cool dude, if i ever replace my all-pro, it will be with a pelfrey bumper
Old 11-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #16
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Pelfreybilt looks tits
Old 11-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #17
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Bruteforce fab ftw.
this
Old 11-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #18
HolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bry
HolyReptar's Tacoma Gallery
Pelfrey, fast turn around, awesome product, awesome customer service, will build it to your specs/requests.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #19
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud of

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
My rear is Relentless and regret it for fitment and alignment issues. My front is being built by Pelfreybilt he's a great guy answers my list of questions quickly and short turn around time.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #20
tacotacoburrito is on a distinguished road
tacotacoburrito's Tacoma Gallery
Just chiming in. I bought sliders and full skids from Tyler. Awesome guy, and great work. I doubt you'll be sorry. I don't have any experience with Demello, so can't comment on them at all.