Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

(Aftermarket) Webasto TVS 940 ST Sunroof

Old 03-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
Canadian member
tacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the rough

tacomian devil's Tacoma Gallery
(Aftermarket) Webasto TVS 940 ST Sunroof

To followup with a poll that I started, Got Sunroof?, I had this two-pane sunroof...

http://www.webastoshowroom.com/900info.html

installed in my 09 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab...

The work was done in Calgary, AB,

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Tamp...=Calgary&2s=AB

By....

http://www.cedesign.ca/

I live 2 hours from this city, so I left my vehicle there while attending a conference.

It took two full work days, and $2100 (~$1650 USD). According to Webasto USA, there are only two options for installers in Alberta. I was VERY apprehensive to cut a 2' x 3' HOLE in the roof of my first new ($40K) ride ... especially after reading some of the comments on my Got Sunroof thread poll here on Tacoma World. You be the judge...

BEFORE...

AFTER...

and now, for a bit of a...

It turned out exactly as I had hoped! I didn't lose any features or functioning of the ceiling console, and the ceiling light was just moved back a bit - NO problem.

Thanks to Dan and his team at CE Design!

When I dropped the vehicle off, it was -25 C (-13 F), but, conveniently, when I picked it up, it was +9 C (48 F, for you Americanos), so it was open all the way home for 2 hours

Go and get yours!
Tacomian
Old 03-15-2009, 05:07 PM   #2
robo-ninja
edwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to all

edwinalink's Tacoma Gallery
this will be a MUST when i get my taco. unless the panoramic is back... then I'll get that.

i likes the open-ness of a jeep... just not anything else. so this will be a nice compromise.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:11 PM   #4
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
That is great! The dual pane sunroof is great. We have it in one of our MINI's and just love it. That looks awesome! Keep us posted on any issues that you may or may not have. From the looks of it, it should be trouble free.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:08 AM   #5
AnotherSilverTaco has a spectacular aura aboutAnotherSilverTaco has a spectacular aura aboutAnotherSilverTaco has a spectacular aura about

AnotherSilverTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Cool How do they

How do they move the light back? Is it in the area now covered by the sunroof, and they just cut a new hole? Do they reuse any of the headliner or is it new material? Why the 2 vent looking things? Thanks for posting! Rep sent!