Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Automatic - Driving assistant - plug in unit

Old 11-26-2013, 05:21 AM   #1
JimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud of
Name: Jim
JimBCa's Tacoma Gallery
Automatic - Driving assistant - plug in unit

Anyone hear of or try one of these little gadgets. It's getting close to Christmas and I do like to get myself toys.

www.automatic.com
Old 11-26-2013, 05:47 AM   #3
Dravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Dravyss's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.ionroad.com is another type of system to help your driving habits. Kind of fun to play around with
Old 11-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #5
Misterk40 is on a distinguished road
Army: Korea & Germany in the 60s
Misterk40's Tacoma Gallery
Garmin makes an ecoroute hd that works through their some of their GPSs. They also have a smartphone app.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:49 PM   #6
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy_283 View Post
UltraGauge or Automatic... they both appear to plug in to the OBD II connector. I have an UltraGauge Although it looks like this may be a cool device to have if I could make them both work

their is a spliter you can get to run both i assume. You can run two Scanguages atleast.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:53 PM   #7
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
their is a spliter you can get to run both i assume. You can run two Scanguages atleast.
yup........... theres one here for $5 plus shipping (should fit in small flat rate box I think)

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...rakes-etc.html

Old 11-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #8
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterk40 View Post
Garmin makes an ecoroute hd that works through their some of their GPSs. They also have a smartphone app.
I have the Garmin nuvi 1390 (about 2 yrs old) and it has the Ecoroute.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:57 PM   #9
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't look like anything you couldn't do with an iPhone with Google Maps and an Ultra Gauge.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #10
IT Geek -- Resistance Was Futile
Dagansdad is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
Dagansdad's Tacoma Gallery
A little unrelated but I picked up a cheap $12 ELM327 OBD II bluetooth adapter on Amazon and installed the Torque app (Engine Management and Diagnostics Tool) from the Google store, onto my Android phone. I think they make one for iPhone too. It cost about $5.00. It gives you any trouble codes, if your engine light or something comes on, but the coolest thing I like about it, is the whole set of gauges that you can bring up on your phone. It's not bad for under $20.00

Old 12-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #11
merkwürdigliebe
yogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant future

Navy: Former DP1, Now USN CIV
Name: Tom
yogster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterk40 View Post
This^^

I have the EcoRoute HD connected to my 3590 over Bluetooth. Pretty neat.
The HD module (sold separately) plugs into your ODB port. You can change the GPS to display any of the information in "gauge" format.