Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Performance upgrades for 2014??? No idea where to begin.....

Old 11-27-2013, 07:14 AM   #1
levinsons1 is on a distinguished road
Army: Team Leader C Co, 3-7 Infantry
levinsons1's Tacoma Gallery
Performance upgrades for 2014??? No idea where to begin.....

Recently bought a 2014 TRD Sport double cab and love it. But since buying it I'm seeing the truck EVERYWHERE. I want to make some upgrades to make my truck stand out a bit. Unfortunately I have no idea where to begin. The only mechanic experience I have is fixing little shit on beat up trucks, I have no idea where to begin on upgrading mine. Any suggestions on how I can make it stand out a bit more would be great
Old 11-27-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
Woah! How did that get here?
EFalco50 will become famous soon enoughEFalco50 will become famous soon enough
Name: Ethan
EFalco50's Tacoma Gallery
2014 is still pretty new for aftermarket parts, give it 6 months and still will come out, i don't know how much the 14's changed. But I would just start researching on here, first thing I did to my truck was put better tires. Rims wouldn't hurt either. My first priority was protecting the inside of the truck So check out the weather tech floor liners.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:23 AM   #3
Winck is a jewel in the roughWinck is a jewel in the roughWinck is a jewel in the roughWinck is a jewel in the rough
Name: John
Winck's Tacoma Gallery
Wheels and tires are a great way to set your truck apart from others. There are so many different combinations of the two that you could find a set up you like that few others have. Functional body armor is another way to make your truck stand out a little - side steps/sliders/light bars up front, etc. Minor cosmetic changes like plasti-dipping emblems, tinting windows, etc is another way.
Have fun personalizing your new truck!
Old 12-27-2013, 04:22 AM   #4
John 2013 is on a distinguished road

Name: John
John 2013's Tacoma Gallery
1st things I did to my new 2013 was weather tec mats, Toneau cover & tail lite guards from real truck.com. Also trimmed my front mud guards.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:48 AM   #5
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
My 2014 got black emblems pretty early on(I'm not a fan of chrome). That changed the look a lot from other tacomas around
Old 12-27-2013, 06:51 AM   #6
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Title asks about performance upgrades......

Meaning power, offroad suspension, or what other items?

What's the budget, what's the expectations?

Engine is still the same 1grfe plus the air induction BS from 2012.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:58 AM   #7
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Urdusa.com is a fun little candy store as my friend calls it.

Trd has very very few items worth dropping money on, but the blower is def a lil peppy add on.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:57 AM   #8
steeds is on a distinguished road

Name: ryan
steeds's Tacoma Gallery
bully dog chip