Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

2nd gen taco exhaust and or intake?suggestions?

Old 12-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #21
steeds is on a distinguished road

Name: ryan
steeds's Tacoma Gallery
you'll like it meinsamr. i like mine so far..aside from the companies shitty ability to look at blue prints. haha
Old 12-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #22
Robotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roberto
Robotoco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Check my username on youtube. I have the aero 2525 and am very happy with the sound. Its become pretty popular around here.
yeah seeing your vids made me choose the 2525 sounds nice thanks
Old 12-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #23
steeds is on a distinguished road

steeds's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgwDo0-f1dY
Old 01-16-2014, 05:28 AM   #24
sdoheny will become famous soon enough

Name: Seth
sdoheny's Tacoma Gallery
AERO!

I just switched out my magnaflow 18 in muffler for the aero 2525XL and it is night and day better sounding. The magnaflow is very smooth deep and mellow. But aero is way deeper and has more of the "V8" rumble I was looking for. Cannot say enough good things about the sound and quality of that product! Also have an afe stage 2 CAI with Pro dry on 2012 V6.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:53 AM   #26
rookie
ryan c is on a distinguished road

ryan c's Tacoma Gallery
lets hear it sdoheny!!! I have that intake and want that exhaust. IMO Memario 1214 is the best sounding taco ive ever heard . I have a spintech (medium case) and it is absolutely embarrassing at times haha. Occasionally it sounds decent but usually not. I will be picking up an AT sooon! Thanks for the clips everyone.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:01 AM   #27
rookie

ryan c's Tacoma Gallery
OK so should I get the 2525 with the vibrant resonator like memario1214 or should I just get the 2525xl and if need be get a resonator down the road?
Old 01-26-2014, 10:13 AM   #28
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I would go with the XL from the get go and add in a resonator down the line if it is still too loud after break in. The 2525 is oppressively loud out of the box and it got a little old for me after a while which is why I tossed on the resonator.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:38 AM   #29
rookie

ryan c's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the quick response and the info bud. Ill post up a vid later of my spintech sound and then another when I get the AT on. Did you cut yours after the axel or leave it as is? I think I read where a few peeps did this and said it sounded much better. Im gonna leave it for now and if I want I can always chop it later.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:47 PM   #30
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeds View Post
the intake is def loud in the higher rpm(which is expected) and you wont get as much resistance with getting a catback or full exhaust by eliminating your cats.

but thats wicked.. maybe check out borla..they have wicked exhausts also but they were almost double the price of what i paid.
U dont run the intake with the top off do ya?
I'm assuming that t was just for the pic?

Also, I wouldn't suggest anyone N/A remove all there cats unless u want a lot of rasp, and removing them will cause a change in how the tq peaks. Removing the cats and adding a 3" exhaust is absolute overkill on a stock n/a 4.0 Tacoma. U need scavanging and ur tq curve again will be changed and more than likely not in a favorable way. Torque is what gets u off the line, up hills, etc. U dont wanna truck with the drivability of a civic do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan c View Post
OK so should I get the 2525 with the vibrant resonator like memario1214 or should I just get the 2525xl and if need be get a resonator down the road?
The XL has a resonator no?
Old 01-26-2014, 01:00 PM   #31
Lindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lindsey
Lindsey Walrod's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meinsamr View Post
Just thought I'd mention that I ordered the 3" AFE last night. I can't wait to hear it!

I'll be staying pretty busy over the next couple weeks once everything gets here. Exhaust, bed cover, removing and blacking out most of the hardware (anything chrome), having a body shop black out my tail lights, lift kit, electric tail gate lock, remote start, wheels...... I shutter to think at the labor cost if I had a shop do it all.
Subd so I can come back when I'm searching to buy
Old 01-26-2014, 01:07 PM   #32
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan c View Post
the video on the first page is my truck. that is the 2525xl. no aftermarket exhaust piping, just the stock muffler cut off and that one welded in its place and turned down right before the spare tire. sounded fantastic, no rasp and not to loud. ymmv
Old 01-26-2014, 01:09 PM   #33
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
48 foot pounds of torque increase at 2,500 rpms? That's one hell of a f**king exhaust system. And oddly enough, both runs were done with the stock intake and not the AFE intake.

Edit: Take a look at the blue fine print at the bottom of the chart. They didn't floor the accelerator until 3,500rpm on the baseline run.

So... that's how they got such a big increase!