Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Favorite chemicals - for the gear heads

Old 12-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #1
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Favorite chemicals - for the gear heads

What is your favorite brand of chemical, and why?

Brake cleaner
Carb cleaner
Throttle body cleaner
MAF cleaner
hand cleaner
anti-seize
thread lock
solvent
silicone lube
sealant/gasket maker

I'll start with a couple of comments:

Solvent - PB Blaster, seems to work much better than others I've tried
Gasket Maker - Toyota FIPG, recommended by a local gear shop
Old 12-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #2
sjwhitaker is on a distinguished road

Army: Spec 4 Mafia
Name: Jake
sjwhitaker's Tacoma Gallery
CRC makes some good stuff. I love PB products as well, I have a hodge podge of everything you can imagine. I am always trying new products.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #3
sst3wart is on a distinguished road
sst3wart's Tacoma Gallery
Well, you gotta start somewhere.

I'm a fan of PB as well, however I have started using Freeze Off for a penetrant. Works well for seized nuts, bolts, broken studs etc.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:28 AM   #4
Jetman1979 is on a distinguished road
Navy: E-6 retired
Name: Michael
Jetman1979's Tacoma Gallery
Aero Kroil for rusted fastners the best. Works and can be used to clean firearms as well.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:39 AM   #5
koditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kirk
koditten's Tacoma Gallery
Transmission fluid mixed with acitone (50/50). Best and cheapest penatrating fluid i have ever used.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:41 AM   #6
koditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dry erase board cleaner for cleaning windows. It contains no silicone. Almost all of the shelf window cleaners have silicone in them.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:43 AM   #7

Anti sieze for coating fasteners before reassmbly. I qt can will last your lifetime. Works great for strut tower bolts and all allignment bolts and lug nuts. Nothing outside of the engine gets reassembled with out anti sieze.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:22 AM   #8
A7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
A7xschecter6661's Tacoma Gallery
Best thing for penetrating fluid is tranny oil and acetone mix. My friend tried it out after I told him and he said it's crazy. Fluid film also works good and would probably be equivalent to the Kano Kroil

This is a posting from an online "Bridgeport Group".
It involves penetrating oil.
Are there any other thoughts, ideas, agreements or ideas out there?
It is from a Gentleman by the name of "Tom Pomeroy".
This is a a forward and not tested but worth a try.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX

ATF is good for a lot of things I have tried.

**Interesting Info!**

**Machinist's Workshop magazine tested penetrants for break out torque on**
**rusted nuts with significant results!**

**They arranged a subjective test of all the popular penetrants with the**
**control being the torque required to remove the nut from a**
**"scientifically rusted" environment.**

***Penetrating oil ...... Average load***
**None ....................... 516 pounds**
**WD-40 ................... 238 pounds**
**PB Blaster .............. 214 pounds**
**Liquid Wrench ..... 127 pounds**
**Kano Kroil ............. 106 pounds**