1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by RTD, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Dec 22, 2013 at 7:30 AM
    RTD

RTD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Taxachusetts
  2. Dec 22, 2013 at 7:45 AM
    BAMFTACO

BAMFTACO Another day another beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    Woodlandland hills , CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AC Prerunner
    Kings bruh
    I've been using it for the last 60000 miles no issue I also run the Mobil 1 m1301 oil filter its bigger
    filter lets you hold an extra quart usually I do 5 quarts of mobile one and put the Lucas additive after.

3. Dec 22, 2013 at 7:58 AM
    Lordaca

Lordaca Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Melbourne, FL
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPRT DC LB 4x4
    Weathertech floor liners and wind deflector, OEM roof Rack, Wet Okoles seat covers, cb installed
    I swear by lucas. My second truck I ever owned went 50k with a knocking engine. I also fixed a slipping transmission on a friend's car with the lucas transmission additive. I have never used it on a new engine because it's so thick. Personally I don't think it's necessary if you properly maintain your vehicle. Both of the previously mentioned cars had been neglected.

4. Dec 22, 2013 at 7:46 PM
    Alderleet

Alderleet Ace of Spades

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Salty Hell
    Vehicle:
    '00 Acc Cab TRD 4x4
    After seeing a couple UOA's from Blackstone labs, with this "magical" additive, I will gladly avoid lucas products.

I mean, if you want to add a "feel good" to your oil, go right ahead.

But if you want a thicker oil, and to lose all anti-foam, detergent properties, while thinning anti-friction modifiers, go right ahead.

Their 5:1 recommended ratio, thickens your oil to well over a 100wt gear oil....

5. Dec 22, 2013 at 8:14 PM
    InSight Retrofits

InSight Retrofits Closed

Member:
    I used the lucas tranny stuff in my old car. I shifted it into gear on a hill and hear a loud thud. From then on it make a loud thud every gear it shifted and you could feel it for sure.

Went straight home and added about 12 oz of lucas, and the problem was gone immediately and never came back. Sister still owns the car and hasn't said anything about it.

We sell a ton of the lucas oil stabilizer and a lot of people swear by it, employees included. It keeps everything coated. (I don't know if there is even a difference between the regular and synthetic, as both say compatible with synthetic)

6. Dec 26, 2013 at 2:48 AM
    RTD

RTD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Taxachusetts
    Many many years ago(1980's), at a local garage, the owner and mechanic demonstrated how some new oil additive coats the surface and engine components.
    They had something like a bench grinder without the stone and a lever that was capable of stopping the moving stud where the stone grinder would be mounted(trying to paint a picture for lack of better terminology)
    Turn the unit on, and with applied pressure from this lever on the spinning stud, you could stop the motor.
    Apply this mystery oil, and you could not stop the motor????
    Now , I don't remember what is was, but seems me it was a similar product.
    Just by adding this to your oil, especially to an older engine, the claim was engine would idle up(slight increase in rpm idle) and increased HP.

Now, I had the 2008 Taco V6 with >230K, ran Mobil 1 from day one, and never had any oil consumption or engine problems.
    I may have noticed a slight, and I stress slight, loss in power when I wws pulling my boat(about 2000 lbs).

Maybe I answered my own question, and should stick to the same game plan for maintenance. Mobil 1 5w30 and stock oil filter every 5K

Products Discussed in

To Top