Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer

Old 12-22-2013, 07:30 AM   #1
RTD is on a distinguished road

RTD's Tacoma Gallery
Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer

Does anyone here use this?
https://www.lucasoil.com/products/di...show&headTitle= - Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer
I had a 2008 DCLB SR5 with over 230k and used Mobil 1 every 5k

I now have a 2014 DCLB TRD Sport and was continue the same.

This additive was recommended to me, but wanted to get some more info before spending money on something I may not need.

Thanks
Old 12-22-2013, 07:45 AM   #2
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I've been using it for the last 60000 miles no issue I also run the Mobil 1 m1301 oil filter its bigger
filter lets you hold an extra quart usually I do 5 quarts of mobile one and put the Lucas additive after.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #3
Lordaca is one of the sharper tools in the shedLordaca is one of the sharper tools in the shedLordaca is one of the sharper tools in the shedLordaca is one of the sharper tools in the shedLordaca is one of the sharper tools in the shedLordaca is one of the sharper tools in the shedLordaca is one of the sharper tools in the shedLordaca is one of the sharper tools in the shedLordaca is one of the sharper tools in the shedLordaca is one of the sharper tools in the shedLordaca is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
Lordaca's Tacoma Gallery
I swear by lucas. My second truck I ever owned went 50k with a knocking engine. I also fixed a slipping transmission on a friend's car with the lucas transmission additive. I have never used it on a new engine because it's so thick. Personally I don't think it's necessary if you properly maintain your vehicle. Both of the previously mentioned cars had been neglected.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #4
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Guy from BITOG
Lucas Oil Stabilizer: A great way to sell otherwise unusable petroleum byproduct for premuim dollars to people who dont know any better and shouldnt be wasting their money - The American Way!
After seeing a couple UOA's from Blackstone labs, with this "magical" additive, I will gladly avoid lucas products.

I mean, if you want to add a "feel good" to your oil, go right ahead.

But if you want a thicker oil, and to lose all anti-foam, detergent properties, while thinning anti-friction modifiers, go right ahead.

Their 5:1 recommended ratio, thickens your oil to well over a 100wt gear oil....
Old 12-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #5
A7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
A7xschecter6661's Tacoma Gallery
I used the lucas tranny stuff in my old car. I shifted it into gear on a hill and hear a loud thud. From then on it make a loud thud every gear it shifted and you could feel it for sure.

Went straight home and added about 12 oz of lucas, and the problem was gone immediately and never came back. Sister still owns the car and hasn't said anything about it.

We sell a ton of the lucas oil stabilizer and a lot of people swear by it, employees included. It keeps everything coated. (I don't know if there is even a difference between the regular and synthetic, as both say compatible with synthetic)
Old 12-26-2013, 02:48 AM   #6
RTD is on a distinguished road

RTD's Tacoma Gallery
Many many years ago(1980's), at a local garage, the owner and mechanic demonstrated how some new oil additive coats the surface and engine components.
They had something like a bench grinder without the stone and a lever that was capable of stopping the moving stud where the stone grinder would be mounted(trying to paint a picture for lack of better terminology)
Turn the unit on, and with applied pressure from this lever on the spinning stud, you could stop the motor.
Apply this mystery oil, and you could not stop the motor????
Now , I don't remember what is was, but seems me it was a similar product.
Just by adding this to your oil, especially to an older engine, the claim was engine would idle up(slight increase in rpm idle) and increased HP.

Now, I had the 2008 Taco V6 with >230K, ran Mobil 1 from day one, and never had any oil consumption or engine problems.
I may have noticed a slight, and I stress slight, loss in power when I wws pulling my boat(about 2000 lbs).

Maybe I answered my own question, and should stick to the same game plan for maintenance. Mobil 1 5w30 and stock oil filter every 5K