Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Toyota OEM Tailgate Extender

Old 01-02-2014, 03:06 PM   #1
keylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
keylay's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota OEM Tailgate Extender

I needed a tail gate extender for my Tacoma. I haul a lot of gear in my bed and the extra couple feet were needed. I purchased from TRDParts4u.com for close to $200. Arrived within a week of shipping.

Here's a pictorial of my install:

Toyota forgot to add a step to the instructions.

Removed the tail lights by unbolting two (2) bolts on each side.

Used the provided template to drill holes. Used a center punch to alight the drill bit and then drilled through the bed into the housing that held the lights.

Installed the brackets with nuts and bolts.

Inserted the middle metal tubing into the corner pieces and spread to fit gap between brackets.

Inserted and screwed middle two (2) supports to secure middle tubing sections.

Finished project took about 45 minutes with a trip to the hardware store to get a center punch.

It looks great, doesn't bounce around in the bed and can be secured in the bed and latched to tailgate when traveling with gate open.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:55 PM   #2
Woah! How did that get here?
EFalco50 will become famous soon enoughEFalco50 will become famous soon enough
Name: Ethan
EFalco50's Tacoma Gallery
Cool man! One of the things on my list