Notices

Authoritative Horns for the Road?

Old 01-11-2014, 03:28 PM   #1
crusader1 is on a distinguished road

Navy: F8E "Crusader" Fighter Pilot
Name: Al
crusader1's Tacoma Gallery
Authoritative Horns for the Road?

What are some ideas and preferences for good road horns, air and electric? I've used Wolo "Airsplitter" in the past, and it seemed to develop a lag, from time to time. How about:
PIAA 85110 115db 400HZ + 500HZ Sports Horn
Old 01-12-2014, 08:26 PM   #2
spasch is on a distinguished road

spasch's Tacoma Gallery
I have been using an old set of Hadley bully air horns for a while now. I could not find a good place for my Nathan's. I was trying to get the Hadley ambassadors to fit but they hung down below the frame too far.

I find I get zero lag if I use the button to fire a solenoid on an already charged air system. If you have to wait for anything to spin up it has already been too long.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:29 PM   #3
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
toyodajeff's Tacoma Gallery
general lee horns would be sweet.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:18 AM   #4
xcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
xcmtb83's Tacoma Gallery
In my 96 I have the factory horn plus four horns out of one Cadillac ran via relay. The Cadillac horns are all different tones.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:33 PM   #6
spasch is on a distinguished road

spasch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by robssol View Post
What's wrong with the factory horn?
It's so weak that if someone has their window up and does something stupid they don't hear it. The stock horn on my supermoto is louder than my Tacoma.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:41 PM   #7
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
I let my driving do the talking
Old 01-16-2014, 03:56 AM   #8
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
toyodajeff's Tacoma Gallery
Be thankful your horn doesn't sound like a 1st gen 5 lugger horn.