Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

EGR Slimline Window Visors (in-channel)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-21-2009, 12:25 PM   #1
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
EGR Slimline Window Visors (in-channel)

After much debate and research on window visors, I came to a conclusion and am satisfied with my choice. I figured I would write this up to save others the hassle.

First off, the rig is a 2009 Double Cab sport in Barcelona Red. I wanted the in-channel because I feel they have a cleaner look. The ones that stick on the outside do not offer as clean a line down the side of the truck. I'm sure others with stick-on visors will disagree but that is my opinion.

I began my research on all brands and prices. The weather-tech visors are a popular choice but are priced higher and did not look any different than the cheaper AVS (Auto Vent Shades). Ebay also has some knock off brands but I do not trust the quality. Punto and Lund were also in the mix but neither offered the SLIMLINE look (getting to that).

Finally, I looked at the EGR Slimline Window Visors. They have a very clean look and do not have the small lip at the bottom edge. They were also priced right.

Installation was a breeze. You have to bend the front 2 vents inward and it'll pop right into the window channel. The rear vents have tape that keeps them positioned in the rear windows. Slide them in and put the windows up to apply pressure and seat the tape.

Windows operate normally but do make a crackling sound as they seat in the fully closed position. I have read this about all in-channel visors and it does go away as the seal begins to accommodate the visor.

The only thing I would change on these is to add the tape to the front window visors as well. They will not fall out as you have to bend them to install. But it would hold them better when the window is down. I may remove and add double-sided tape as an easy fix.

Finally, I did A LOT of research to find the cheapest vendor and settled on US Auto Parts Network (www.USAutoparts.net). They were the cheapest vendor when I included shipping.

I paid $66.77 shipped to my door. They arrived in 5 days and I had them installed 10 minutes later. Now, on to the pictures.

Thanks for rearding my review
Old 04-11-2009, 02:55 PM   #2
PeteK is just really nicePeteK is just really nicePeteK is just really nicePeteK is just really nice
PeteK's Tacoma Gallery
Good review. Exactly the info I was looking for. Just placed order.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:04 PM   #4
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
I got the avs one from advance auto for under 50$...Yours look a little more streamline...

Nice write up...
Old 04-14-2009, 06:19 PM   #5
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Why do you need window visors? Are they attractive...IMO no...do they actually serve a purpose?
Old 04-14-2009, 06:41 PM   #6
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^^^

You can crack your window in the rain...Let your truck air out overnight and not have to worry about someboyd seeing your windows down...

If you smoke, i think it lets the smoke out easier...Not sure...i dont smoke...
Old 04-14-2009, 06:48 PM   #7
it is what it is
09TRD is on a distinguished road

09TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendooman View Post
Why do you need window visors? Are they attractive...IMO no...do they actually serve a purpose?

they obviously allow you to get airflow in situations you otherwise would not be able to
Old 04-14-2009, 06:50 PM   #8
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris77 View Post
^^^^^^

You can crack your window in the rain...Let your truck air out overnight and not have to worry about someboyd seeing your windows down...

If you smoke, i think it lets the smoke out easier...Not sure...i dont smoke...
Yeah...I dig them cause it rains alot around here...I can roll the windows down about 3/4" and keep the interior dry- but get air moving. I also leave the windows cracked about that much all the time- Hot sun in FL makes a car an oven daily...Every little bit helps.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:55 PM   #9
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
ive got them in my 96 also..love them
Old 04-14-2009, 06:59 PM   #10
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
All the reasons mentioned...

- leave the windows cracked in the summer and it's not obvious (biggie for me)
- crack the windows and get airflow without the blast of air in your face (it's more subtle air and not as loud)
- crack the windows in the rain
- I don't smoke in my truck but they obviously work for that reason as well

I think they look good!
Old 04-14-2009, 07:53 PM   #11
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ok... But I don't understand the need to have the windows down or cracked while raining. Just roll them up and turn the vent or air or something on!
Old 04-14-2009, 07:57 PM   #13
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
Never understood the reasoning for them either, but thats why its his truck. Good review!
Old 04-14-2009, 07:57 PM   #14
The Stroker Ace

Yeah I guess I was never a windows down type... Muffles the sweet sounds of The dead coming from my stereo
Old 04-30-2009, 10:25 AM   #15
Naga418 is on a distinguished road

Naga418's Tacoma Gallery
In places like FL and S. TX you would learn to appriciate the window cracked in the rain.

Also nothing better than an outdoor Dead show and I saw plenty of them. Just another reason to enjoy the fresh air.

I may or may not, but the review was quality. Thanks for the effort.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #16
NJB is on a distinguished road
Marines: Infantry
NJB's Tacoma Gallery
Great Review

The angled pic shows the slim line design perfectly. This was exactly what I needed to make my decision.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:58 AM   #18
O.F.
bb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: JFK Center, Fort Bragg, NC
bb609's Tacoma Gallery
So I'm a little late to the party.....

I smoke so vent shades are a must for me. I also prefer the inchannel versions as they look much cleaner on the truck but found that over time dirt particles invariably work their way in between shade and glass and scratch the glass, hence I use the stickons.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:23 PM   #19
comajoe has a spectacular aura aboutcomajoe has a spectacular aura aboutcomajoe has a spectacular aura about
comajoe's Tacoma Gallery
i bought a set off amazon..they are great but i had a piece break off IN TRANSIT that i didnt see until i trryed to install it. after calling them and telling me to contact UPS i glued it and insstalled. so far so good. the rears have a slim tape to them, the rest did great. ... the fix i did waS INCHANNEL ..so far no problems.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:27 AM   #20
Senility Rocks!
MurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
MurphMan's Tacoma Gallery
Good choice! I've been using them for a year now. Holding tight in place, not loose at all.

As for the comment about dirt getting into them and scratching the glass from another poster - hasn't happened to me. I've been running inchannel visors on all my trucks for many years and yet to ever have that problem.

If you like fresh air on rainy or snowy days, or just want to park and leave the windows cracked without worrying about a pop-up storm, these things rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
After much debate and research on window visors, I came to a conclusion and am satisfied with my choice. I figured I would write this up to save others the hassle.

First off, the rig is a 2009 Double Cab sport in Barcelona Red. I wanted the in-channel because I feel they have a cleaner look. The ones that stick on the outside do not offer as clean a line down the side of the truck. I'm sure others with stick-on visors will disagree but that is my opinion.

I began my research on all brands and prices. The weather-tech visors are a popular choice but are priced higher and did not look any different than the cheaper AVS (Auto Vent Shades). Ebay also has some knock off brands but I do not trust the quality. Punto and Lund were also in the mix but neither offered the SLIMLINE look (getting to that).

Finally, I looked at the EGR Slimline Window Visors. They have a very clean look and do not have the small lip at the bottom edge. They were also priced right.

Installation was a breeze. You have to bend the front 2 vents inward and it'll pop right into the window channel. The rear vents have tape that keeps them positioned in the rear windows. Slide them in and put the windows up to apply pressure and seat the tape.

Windows operate normally but do make a crackling sound as they seat in the fully closed position. I have read this about all in-channel visors and it does go away as the seal begins to accommodate the visor.

The only thing I would change on these is to add the tape to the front window visors as well. They will not fall out as you have to bend them to install. But it would hold them better when the window is down. I may remove and add double-sided tape as an easy fix.

Finally, I did A LOT of research to find the cheapest vendor and settled on US Auto Parts Network (www.USAutoparts.net). They were the cheapest vendor when I included shipping.

I paid $66.77 shipped to my door. They arrived in 5 days and I had them installed 10 minutes later.

Products Discussed in this Thread