Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Gauntlet Overland Tacoma Seat Covers

Old 01-18-2014, 12:41 AM   #1
MajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud of

Marines: Sergeant of Marines, 4th Force Recon
Name: Johnny
MajKong's Tacoma Gallery
Gauntlet Overland Tacoma Seat Covers

So I got my Dad to buy me the Tactical M.O.L.L.E. Neoprene seat covers from Gauntlet Overland for Christmas:

http://gauntletoverland.com/product/...product_images[grouped]/2/

He ordered them on December 2 (Cyber Monday) and they arrived some time after New Year's. When he inquired in late December as to the status of his order, all he got was an e-mailed invoice, but no expected shipping or arrival date. Since they had not arrived by Christmas, when I got home I pm'd GOG to see if they could be sent to my house instead. I was told: "No problem, just PM me your address." I did that and received no further response. Finally they arrived at my parents' house. My Dad sent them to me and I finally got them on 14 January.

Included in the box was a Coverking catalog (the manufacturer of the seat covers) and flyer to purchase raffle tickets to win two corvettes, but no invoice, packing list, or installation instructions.

No biggie. I've got a fourth-grade education; I can figure it out.

The neoprene looks good, is thick, and makes my seats more comfortable. I haven't gone on a long trip to really test them out, but so far so good. The assembly is terrible! Gauntlet brags that they don't sell anything from China, but that doesn't mean you get a quality product.

Gauntlet Overland Tacoma Seat Covers-cking-002.jpg Gauntlet Overland Tacoma Seat Covers-cking-003.jpgGauntlet Overland Tacoma Seat Covers-cking-004.jpg

The fit was a little less that perfect. You can see how it bulges at the seam between the neoprene and the MOLLE panel. I hope this will go away in time.

Gauntlet Overland Tacoma Seat Covers-cking-007.jpg

I found it was easier to install the seat covers, if you use a 14mm socket and remove the seats.

Also included were a random assortment of 5 MOLLE pouches and one pouch of unknown utility. It didn't contain MOLLE attachments on it.

Gauntlet Overland Tacoma Seat Covers-cking-008.jpg Gauntlet Overland Tacoma Seat Covers-cking-009.jpg

The seats look good. I just don't know how long they will last.

Gauntlet Overland Tacoma Seat Covers-cking-006.jpg

If I had it to do over again, I would buy elsewhere. I know where I'm not going to get my sliders.

UPDATE:

Like a jerk, I posted this review without ever contacting Aaron at Gauntlet Overland. Aaron saw it and contacted me. He replaced the seat cover in question and I couldn't be happier. He went out of his way to make sure that I was apprised of what was taking place. As it was a three-way wrestling match (me with Gauntlet and Gauntlet with CoverKing), I appreciated the effort that Aaron put in to resolving my issue.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:12 AM   #2
C1ph3r is on a distinguished road

Name: A.W.
C1ph3r's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a shame. I was hopping to get a set of these. Thanks for posting
Old 01-24-2014, 11:55 AM   #3
Toy Truck Fan
Hungry is on a distinguished road
Canadian Army: R Westmr R, 1PPCLI, LER
Name: Barney
Hungry's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, thanks, I was considering a pair for my 2010 DCSB SR5

Now I will re-consider!

Cheers,
Barney
Old 02-19-2014, 04:24 PM   #4
MajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud of

MajKong's Tacoma Gallery
Update

I updated my original review. Aaron at Gauntlet Overland Gear took care of it for me.

Here are some new pictures:

Gauntlet Overland Tacoma Seat Covers-100_1255.jpg

Gauntlet Overland Tacoma Seat Covers-100_1252.jpg
Perfect fit!

Gauntlet Overland Tacoma Seat Covers-100_1257.jpgGauntlet Overland Tacoma Seat Covers-100_1258.jpg
Old 02-20-2014, 12:20 PM   #5
1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed
1 Bored Clerk's Tacoma Gallery
I've always like the utility seat cover concept. Not too sure about neoprene seat covers though. People seem to rave about them but I think about sitting on my wetsuit all the time an I just can't see how it's comfortable. Haha...guess I need to get a ride-a-long with someone that has neoprene seat covers so I can understand.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:01 PM   #6

MajKong's Tacoma Gallery
So far I think they're great. I don't know what they will be like in the summer. I bought them with the hope that they would be waterproof.