Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Steelie Car Mount Kit (www.niteize.com)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2014, 10:31 AM   #1
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Steelie Car Mount Kit (www.niteize.com)

Works as advertised. My '03 has the ride quality of a tank, but the phone has never budged/rotated/loosened.

Highly recommended.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:45 AM   #2
Poolstick is on a distinguished road

Poolstick's Tacoma Gallery
It's kind of cool and I've been looking for a car-mount Iphone solution, but the big ass magnet that sticks off the back of your phone seems like a huge design flaw. Forget putting your phone in the same pocket as your wallet.

Too bad they couldn't find a way to make it so your phone magnetically attached to the ball/pad directly as opposed to this.

Or just make the ball magnetic and not the little pad.

Edit: Just had this thought: Use the magnetic kit, but attach the magnet to the RamMount holder. Hopefully will work like I imagine!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A3AK1K19MPF0E2

Also - you can buy the steelie kit thing for only $23 on Amazon.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:00 PM   #3
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolstick View Post
It's kind of cool and I've been looking for a car-mount Iphone solution, but the big ass magnet that sticks off the back of your phone seems like a huge design flaw. Forget putting your phone in the same pocket as your wallet.

Too bad they couldn't find a way to make it so your phone magnetically attached to the ball/pad directly as opposed to this.

Or just make the ball magnetic and not the little pad.

Edit: Just had this thought: Use the magnetic kit, but attach the magnet to the RamMount holder. Hopefully will work like I imagine!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A3AK1K19MPF0E2

Also - you can buy the steelie kit thing for only $23 on Amazon.
the magnet on the back of the phone isn't big. just sayin'. also, you may want to check the warranty info re: buying on amazon vs. direct from the manufacturer...I haven't...again, just sayin'
Old 01-18-2014, 08:35 PM   #4
Poolstick is on a distinguished road

Poolstick's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, its more about the magnet messing with stuff that my phone touches than it protruding really far off the device. When I said "big" I probably should have said "powerful".

As far as warranty, I'm not too concerned on something that costs $20.. if it breaks, it's probably a problem with the design, not a manufacturing defect and I probably wouldn't want another.

In any case, thanks for the review and tip! I ordered one and the RamMount today so I'll let you know how they mount up and how that setup works for me.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:06 AM   #5
hapurs has a spectacular aura abouthapurs has a spectacular aura about
Name: hapurs
hapurs's Tacoma Gallery

I got Hapurs U-grip Windshield Dashboard Universal Car Mount.
Silicone lined grid keeps your phone and other devices safe and secure.
6.39$ is a very good price with Fulfilled by Amazon
Old 05-21-2014, 06:05 PM   #6
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Damn.... I just noticed your review. I should have put mine here when I got it earlier this year. It is by far the best phone mount I've found.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:19 PM   #7
el taco loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedel taco loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedel taco loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedel taco loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedel taco loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedel taco loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedel taco loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedel taco loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedel taco loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedel taco loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedel taco loco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Paramedic
el taco loco's Tacoma Gallery
ProClip

Products Discussed in this Thread