Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

What do you DISLIKE about your Tacoma?

Old 03-31-2009, 10:01 PM   #21
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
That stupid console between the back seats.. So i can throw cargo back there when needed..
I plan on taking it out! hopefully there's carpet under there.

suspension......
Had the tsb done, Now the rack sucks.

other than that. I love it!
Old 03-31-2009, 10:09 PM   #22
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
From looking at ti, bi-xenons (totally worth it!!!), a sunroof, and automatic climate control. That's all that I would want as a future owner.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:16 AM   #23
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I love my truck.

I hate the fact that toyota didn't include more *stuff* in it from the factory.

Like...power seats, heated seats, homelink mirror, heated mirrors, computer data info, Navigation, bla bla bla

I would've payed for all of that stuff. I wanted a LOADED tacoma!!
Old 04-01-2009, 04:37 AM   #24
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Well,

-the possible frame cave in on eng mount brackets scares me a bit

-weak ass tailgate not reassuring

-3 leaf suckorama

-door arm rest cloth nonsense

I have an 05 which is the 1st year of the new style so some bs is to be expected. There is no vehicle out there that is not going to displease in some form or fashion. That is why we mod, to make it what you want it to be. There is less to do here than on other shit & less major stuff. Embrace your resale values.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:18 AM   #25
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
No standard intermittent windshield wipers
No standard power doors/windows
No standard cruise control
Old 04-01-2009, 07:20 AM   #26
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
needs stronger brakes disc on the rear would be nice
Old 04-01-2009, 08:06 AM   #27
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
+1 on the rear disc brakes. I also don't like the 1-2 gear spacing on the five speed. First gear is too low and second gear too high for normal driving. That low first is handy off road though.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:45 AM   #28
sliverworm is a jewel in the roughsliverworm is a jewel in the roughsliverworm is a jewel in the rough

sliverworm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sliverworm
I hate the wind noise , and having payments!
Old 04-01-2009, 10:53 AM   #29
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Well, after reviewing some others' complaints, I'd also like to see:
Bed lighting, hood struts, more durable paint(it chips sooooo easy) rear access cab windows that open, disc rear brakes, shorter shifter throws(installed URD shifter kit) and std color matched grilles on both the TRDs and SR5's, and a HVAC fan that doesnt chirp- gotta get it to the dealer to have it fixed. Annoying as hell on long drives!
Old 04-01-2009, 04:01 PM   #31
Mainland Newfie
mainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud of
mainland_newfie's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like to change the fact that I get an errection every time I look at my truck, some times it happens in bad situations.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:16 PM   #32
venomous_x is on a distinguished road

venomous_x's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 08 x-runner....so I dislike the transmission, shifter, and garbage clutch. I would like to have seen rear discs, and a sunroof! Aside from that, my taco is tits!
Old 04-02-2009, 05:05 AM   #33
Robocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Robocop's Tacoma Gallery
Hve to agree about the lack of rear disc brakes....still have not figured out why Toyota refuses to upgrade to disc on the rear.

Also do not like the rear seat design on my 09 access cab and the sub enclosure just looks silly in my opinion.

I drove a Nissan for a few years (Frontier) and it seems as if my new Taco is not as solid in the doors and tailgate area. This may actually be a good thing by keeping the weight down however each time I shut my doors it just seems to be very light and not as solid.....yes I know it is my imagination as Tacomas are proven tough but it just "feels" less sturdy in a few areas.

It may be because I have less than 500 miles on my new toy however thus far my single biggest complaint is the dang gas mileage....I swear it seems as if I can actually watch my needle move as I drive. Hope this will improve over time. I do like the looks of the Tacoma and the magnetic gray is what I chose and all in all it was well worth the money to me.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:09 AM   #34
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
-orange interior lights.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:33 AM   #35
1 man wolf pack
Hardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Evan
Hardcorehehaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr View Post
-orange interior lights.
x2

The biggest thing for me is the lack of space. First, the front seat doesn't let me sit up high enough. When I get in my truck, I feel like I'm laying down with my legs straight out in front of me.
Then, the steering wheel doesn't go up high enough in relation to the dash and my knees are constantly hitting it.
It's hard to get comfortable while I'm driving. I'm only 6'1, I don't know what my problem is.
I feel like the entire cab of the truck needs to be about a foot taller so they can move the seat, dash and steering wheel up more. More leg room, I guess, is what I'm getting at.

Also, even though I usually get 20mpg or so, I feel it should do better. You guys getting 16-18 know what I'm talking about.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:42 AM   #36
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
Let me add on to mine... The grill having nice wide spaces for rocks and debris to get at the radiator, the radio text does not scroll...
Old 04-02-2009, 05:53 AM   #37
Longhorn.
goofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to all

goofyboy's Tacoma Gallery
dash rattle.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #38
TXtacoTRD is on a distinguished road

TXtacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdm156 View Post
Damn buzzing noise on the passenger side thats been fixed twice
Mine's at the dealer right now for this, they tell you what it is? Its been driving me crazy...
Old 04-02-2009, 11:51 AM   #39
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
...Needs larger stock tires
...better MPG......I'm only getting 14.5 highway.....but I live in hilly WV..
...metallic shit on the dash
...cheap leaf springs, after TSB completed, passenger side is 3/4" higher than driver side
...alarm doesn't chirp during activation
...cheap plastic UFO shaped engine cover on V6
...non-lighted 4-wheel shifter knob
...exhaust tail pipe heat is damaging the clear coat

Other than that minor stuff.....I love it.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:01 PM   #40
Mainland Newfie
mainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud of
mainland_newfie's Tacoma Gallery
blue-ish weights for tires, now I got new rims and you can see these damn things through them