Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

What do you DISLIKE about your Tacoma?

Old 07-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #1141
mhendrixcap is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Name: Mike
mhendrixcap's Tacoma Gallery
I dislike not having heated side mirrors, no rear defrost, no MPG display, the placement of the cruise control switch, and easily scratched paint job.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:46 PM   #1142
gtonic is on a distinguished road
Name: Terry
gtonic's Tacoma Gallery
Two trips to the dealer to get the tailgate latch fixed on a 2013 Prerunner. Both times it lasted a week. I bought some lithium grease and fixed myself. It came from he factory with no lubrication! Brakes squeal. There's a clicking or popping sound when I make a right turn. I had a 96 and a 2003. Both were of higher quality than this one.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:47 PM   #1143
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhendrixcap View Post
I dislike not having heated side mirrors, no rear defrost, no MPG display, the placement of the cruise control switch, and easily scratched paint job.
Heated rear window is a great idea.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:44 AM   #1144
Never Satisfied
KingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KingKoda's Tacoma Gallery
I dislike that my brake pedal isn't designed to allow me to readily left foot brake.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #1145
Get Some
wheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
wheresmikeys's Tacoma Gallery
THe CRAPPY fuel mileage!!! 15 is the best I have EVER got. Currently at 45,000 miles. My 98 got waaaay better fuel mileage than my 08 does. Both V6.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:16 AM   #1146
Smooth Operator has much to be proud ofSmooth Operator has much to be proud ofSmooth Operator has much to be proud ofSmooth Operator has much to be proud ofSmooth Operator has much to be proud ofSmooth Operator has much to be proud ofSmooth Operator has much to be proud ofSmooth Operator has much to be proud of
Marines: 0331 / 0341
Name: G
Smooth Operator's Tacoma Gallery
Never understood the skid-plate package, when really its a flimsy piece of aluminum guarding nothing nothing more than a few inches of bumper trim. I was really hoping the extra $400.00 or whatever I spent on it would've extended it back to the transfer case, and fuel tank.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #1147
Master Baiter
jethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
jethro's Tacoma Gallery
The payment. These used to be inexpensive trucks.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #1148
SABAJA is on a distinguished road
Air Force: AFSOC
SABAJA's Tacoma Gallery
I dislike the fact that the spare tire and the tailgate don't automatically come with locks on them, especially considering the price I paid for the truck. That's about it.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #1149
Klausgross is on a distinguished road
Name: Klaus
Klausgross's Tacoma Gallery
Smile My 2013 Tacoma

I get 17-18 mpg.... No power.. 0-60 in about 30-40
seconds... I'm afraid to be on 2 lane roads.. No passing power.... Top speed on interstate is 80.... Great radio and XM satellite RADIO....
Old 08-20-2013, 07:17 PM   #1150
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
Conman117's Tacoma Gallery
I dislike that it's always in pieces and takes all my money
Old 08-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #1151
ONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud of

Name: Frank
ONALL4's Tacoma Gallery
wish the 1st gen xtracab taco has small rear-hinged doors
Old 08-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #1152
CampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement: [SSG] Intelligent special force
Name: Dmitry
CampGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to CampGuy
What I Dislike in my brand new Taco 2013 4WD/DC/LB/Sport-TRD/Navigation

1. Fog push button - It does not have indicator, you don't know if are they on/off (Toyota selling this button for 75$)
2. Radio - you have to keep your key inside the ignition to listen to the radio. (But I build my own MOD, so now it works great without key)
3. Rear camera - No night-mode, turns off automatically after 5 min.
4. Door Lock - doors does not close automatically when you put to Drive gear.
5. 120V outlet - is not working without the ACC key. (I use MOD from this forum now it works without the key).
6. Cargo Net - SUPER small size.

But I still happy with this truck!
Old 08-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #1153
Kevinztaco has a spectacular aura aboutKevinztaco has a spectacular aura about
Kevinztaco's Tacoma Gallery
What do I dislike about my tacoma?

1. Lacking power/not very responsive when you need that extra kick. I have a v6 but it shifts like grandma's toy.

2. Too much wind noise.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #1154
Get Some
wheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
wheresmikeys's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Kevinztaco;7322843]What do I dislike about my tacoma?

1. Lacking power/not very responsive when you need that extra kick. I have a v6 but it shifts like grandma's toy.

6 Speed Manual solves that problem
Old 08-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #1155
hatesfreedom is on a distinguished road
hatesfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
I want them to continue making regular cab trucks with:

1. a better bench seat
2. power mirrors, it's just a shit ton easier to adjust these with power.
3. increase durability JUST BECAUSE

that's it. otherwise i'm really happy with what I got, which was a bare bones truck. the bench seat not having seating positions is my only real complaint.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #1156
Molon Labe
WThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Will
WThomas1250's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONALL4 View Post
wish the 1st gen xtracab taco has small rear-hinged doors
Couldn't agree more
Old 08-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #1157
Richc2048 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Electronic Warfare Tech 3rd class (former)
Name: Richard
Richc2048's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
I like the door hooks.
The strap is good to keep the cap from getting lost, but it hangs down and could mar the paint.

Another thing about the strap.... the cap is "stuck to" the truck.
Ever stop at a station where the handle latch is damaged, doesn't work, or was disabled by the station owner to make people stand there?
Pull the handle, and slip the cap in sideways to block it open.

Can't do that with the strap.
A can of Copenhagen does the exact same thing
I hate ones that try to do that to pumps. That's valuable time to clean out my truck.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #1158
Old Fart is on a distinguished road
Navy: Tadpol
Old Fart's Tacoma Gallery
Red face

Have new 2013 Prerunner Auto V/6, getting knocking noise I think in lwr end or engine when accelerating. dealer says put high octane gas. Owners manual states for 87 octane. Using both & still getting knocking that wife even notices ? Would living in slightly higher elevation 1400 ft. make any difference. Any info. would be helpful. Thanx.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:08 PM   #1159
s3bpc1 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Vet
Name: Paul
s3bpc1's Tacoma Gallery
Regular cab with no 6 cylinder option.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:24 PM   #1160
RobAF is on a distinguished road
Name: Rob
RobAF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthebag87 View Post
There were a few things i didn't like but no real issues. One was that the doors don't automatically lock when you start to drive like in most cars now. The second is that only the driver's side window has the one touch window down but it doesn't have the one touch window up? They aren't big deals but I do find having to hold my finger on the window switch a bit taxing
Ha! First world problems. Must be rough holding a button for 3 seconds. Remember manual windows?

As for me, there's nothing I dislike about mine. I guess one thing could be all the "rules" for all the traction/4wd modes. Has to be in 4L, has to be under a certain MPH, hold this button instead of pushing it for a different mode.... It get's confusing. I can't dislike something for not understanding it yet though.