Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

What do you DISLIKE about your Tacoma?

Old 08-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #1161
knayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
knayrb's Tacoma Gallery
I've had mine since 2010 and have a few improvements.

I would like a luxury package with heated seats and steering wheel, a moon roof, automatic climate temp control, power seats, more interior lights like on the doors, trip computer, dampered tailgate drop down like the tundra, and power rear window. Could make the truck expensive but I'd be willing to pay for it.

I cannot see the display on the radio during the day with polarized sun glasses.

ALL knobs and buttons need indicator lights to tell you if they are on or off.

Lights in the bed where the 3rd brake light is.

Front and middle D-loop tie-downs in the bed.

Locking fuel door.

USB and 120V AC plugs inside the cabin.

Built in brake controller for towing like large trucks.

Much larger backup camera screen. I only use it when backing up to a trailer and with my reader glasses on.

250 Amp alternator to run a 1000 W inverter with out battery drain.

Things that don't bother me:

Ticking engine. I couldn't care less.

I have no complains about looks. I could even use MORE chrome.

It's interesting that some are complaining about power. I think it has more than enough. It's not a sports car but will hold it's own if needed. And this is without a SC.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #1162
tucker 1954 is on a distinguished road
tucker 1954's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy

primitive cruse control, what cost to much to put on the steering wheel ???
Software for the Auto. Transmission
Old 09-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #1163
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker 1954 View Post
primitive cruse control, what cost to much to put on the steering wheel ???
About $100, you can do it in 15 minutes.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:53 AM   #1164
merkman has a spectacular aura aboutmerkman has a spectacular aura about
merkman's Tacoma Gallery
I miss the lack of an unlocked low range. Like in my 95 I could shift to low range in 2 wheel drive and use low range in lots of situations where low was less stress on the clutch etc..., but not 4wd, which would get potentially all bound up and tight like my 12 does. So I miss that.

Otherwise, I like the vehicle. The paint is a little soft, but I think thats true on all new cars today.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:21 AM   #1165
1sttoywv is on a distinguished road
1sttoywv's Tacoma Gallery
I really like mine, it only has 1190 miles on it. One thing that really drives me nuts is at start up the high RPM's that last a min or longer. The brakes are really touchy and I can feel the ABS vibe when I apply the brakes.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #1166
mike2011 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
mike2011's Tacoma Gallery
The mirrors, blindspots suck and 67 more payments
Old 10-01-2013, 06:09 AM   #1167
Master Baiter
jethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
jethro's Tacoma Gallery
There is only one thing I dislike about my Tacoma... the fact that even on a short drive to the store and back I will pass no less than 10 others. And I live in the country- I might pass 20 cars total. The other day I drove to get some take out, it's 15 minutes down a fairly busy 2 lane, not divided highway and counted the Tacomas-all years... 16 of them in less than 18 miles.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #1168
RSMick is on a distinguished road
Name: Mick
RSMick's Tacoma Gallery
No one ever said a Tacoma was an exclusive ride. Its a Toyota, not a Bugatti.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #1169
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
I wish my first gen came with the suicide door access cab like the 2nd gens. My extended cab rear seats are hard to get to and too uncomfortable for anyone to sit in them.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #1170
Eternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Eternal24k's Tacoma Gallery
I hate the auxiliary jack in mine being so quiet, the vibrations, and how reverse is geared way too high
Old 10-02-2013, 01:41 PM   #1171
Hammock is on a distinguished road
Hammock's Tacoma Gallery
Squishy sound when pushing the brake pedal.
Awful stock stereo and no option.
Clunky shifting 2->3.
Suspension too soft.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #1172
Click is on a distinguished road

Name: Shane
Click's Tacoma Gallery
Some disappointment

Newbie here... Thanks to all... Info I'd gooooood stuff on this site !!

I traded a 2010 tundra for a 2013 TRD OFF RD tacoma... Those tundras are "TRUCKS"! When I looked at the specs... I thought the light duty I do a tacoma would be great.... A few things I'm disappointed in;

-Cheesy rear suspension, dealer won't TSB a 13 yet.
-no bed light... Come on!!
-no defrost mirrors... What is up...
-boot room at peddles is a joke... I work in this truck!
-in cab inverter... Where's that at?
- I'm tired of increasing the fan speed... When I thought I put it in 4wd! Does any TRD engineers drive these things?
- what is up with the mud flap... Dang!! I've ripped them off to many times!!
-Toyota STOP using those dang push in clips instead of screws or bolts!!! We the people are paying to much for you to use that crap!!
-motor ping.. Maybe related to tranny shifting to early..
-slick bed material ...
-restriction on all the 4wd goodies... Dang! I'm a grown kid... 47! Trust me!
-not sure id buy another one... My mileage isn't much better than my tundra.
I'm off rd several hrs a day!
Old 10-19-2013, 05:06 AM   #1174
Shadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Computer Repair STRATCOM
Name: BiLL
Shadetree's Tacoma Gallery
On my 2011 Access Cab, I was disappointed that it did not come with a gas filler door that could be unlocked from the cab and a lock on the tailgate to keep it from being easily stolen.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:35 PM   #1175
Go ahead, shred.
THEYCALLMECRAIG is on a distinguished road

THEYCALLMECRAIG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
I wish my first gen came with the suicide door access cab like the 2nd gens. My extended cab rear seats are hard to get to and too uncomfortable for anyone to sit in them.
Came here to post this.

That and my damn fender trim, for the life of me, stays faded like a 90's flat top.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #1176
MatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
MatthewMay1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEYCALLMECRAIG View Post
Came here to post this.

That and my damn fender trim, for the life of me, stays faded like a 90's flat top.
I can get mine nice and shiny for about 3 days with some serious armor alling... yeah, 3 days.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:58 AM   #1177
krudawg has a spectacular aura aboutkrudawg has a spectacular aura aboutkrudawg has a spectacular aura about
Marines: 9th Marines
Name: Ted
krudawg's Tacoma Gallery
The "jump Seats" in the accessory cab. I wish they would eliminate those darn things or at least make them optional because without those darn jump seats and seat belts, I COULD DRIVE IN THE CARPOOL LANE
Old 10-22-2013, 07:02 AM   #1178
Runn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud of

Runn0r's Tacoma Gallery
The clutch in the 5 speed seems rough if you pull out quickly compared to some 5spd's ive driven. Its almost like you can feel the springs flexing in the friction disc.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:55 AM   #1179
OverPar is on a distinguished road
Name: Dirt Guy
OverPar's Tacoma Gallery
Terrible stereo (one in 02' was fine w/me)
Noisy leafs
Old 10-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #1180
Blze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant future

Air Force:
Name: JD
Blze001's Tacoma Gallery
- You either have to press the little button on the dash or push the clutch pedal halfway through the floorboard to start the truck (I'm 5'6", I have stubby legs)

- Crappy rear springs

- Ticking. I keep thinking somethings wrong with my brand new truck

- My exhaust hangers are rusting ALREADY

- Pillars are too large IMO, makes for some annoying blind spots

All in all, little nit-picky things. I still wouldn't exchange it for any other small truck.