Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

What do you DISLIKE about your Tacoma?

Old 10-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #1181
Blze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant futureBlze001 has a brilliant future

Air Force:
Name: JD
Blze001's Tacoma Gallery
- You either have to press the little button on the dash or push the clutch pedal halfway through the floorboard to start the truck (I'm 5'6", I have stubby legs)

- Crappy rear springs

- Ticking. I keep thinking somethings wrong with my brand new truck

- My exhaust hangers are rusting ALREADY

- Pillars are too large IMO, makes for some annoying blind spots

All in all, little nit-picky things. I still wouldn't exchange it for any other small truck.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:51 PM   #1182
The Fed is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
The Fed's Tacoma Gallery
$30 k truck and no seat height adjustment!! Other than that.... Loving it!!
Old 10-30-2013, 03:13 PM   #1183
Burghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Burghlar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by northern cal View Post
Crappy sqeekey leaf packs!
White Lithium Grease!

Only one complaint... I can't stand the engine tick. I'll never get used to it. Sounds like a Nike sweat shop.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #1184
2011 trd sport 4x4
Jstin1198 is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
Jstin1198's Tacoma Gallery
Things i dislike

Absoloutley HATE my headrest! I cant stand how it sticks out and pushes my head forward.. And i also agree that the drivers door arm rest is too low. I dont know how i didnt notice these things when i test drove the truck, but i think i was just too excited. I was told that starting in 2009, car manufactures started putting these damn uncomfortable headrests in vehicles to try to reduce whip-lash in accidents.. I took mine out and put in one from a lexus gs400.
Few more things i dont like;
-engine ticks
-seats arent very comfortable
-paint on front bumper seems to chip very easily
- still having to pay over $500 in property tax for this thing after two years
-adjustable tie downs (in the tracks)in bed slide under strain
-and finally, the fact that 3 months after i bought my 2011, the 2012s came out and have a better looking front end and interior.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:24 PM   #1185
Senior Injector
Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty Shackleford
Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Property tax?! Wtf is this "property tax"? Are you paying some sort of tax just by owning a truck?
Old 10-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #1186
Burghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Burghlar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstin1198 View Post
Do you live in your truck?
Old 10-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #1187
Detroit Blue is on a distinguished road

Detroit Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstin1198 View Post
Absoloutley HATE my headrest! I cant stand how it sticks out and pushes my head forward.. And i also agree that the drivers door arm rest is too low. I dont know how i didnt notice these things when i test drove the truck, but i think i was just too excited. I was told that starting in 2009, car manufactures started putting these damn uncomfortable headrests in vehicles to try to reduce whip-lash in accidents.. I took mine out and put in one from a lexus gs400.
Few more things i dont like;
-engine ticks
-seats arent very comfortable
-paint on front bumper seems to chip very easily
-adjustable tie downs (in the tracks)in bed slide under strain
-and finally, the fact that 3 months after i bought my 2011, the 2012s came out and have a better looking front end and interior.
yup. property tax for me too.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:04 PM   #1188
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIGGLEBITTIES
Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Hate
the rear suspension! I bottom out f*king EVERYWHERE (soon to be fixed by a deaver leaf pack and 2.5" Kings

the fact that the ABS doesnt shut off or tone down in 4WD- put gravel or ice under your wheels and you've just added fifty feet to your stopping distance. put me right through an intersection once and has slammed me into a big rut I saw at the last second too many times to count. -very dangerous in my opinion-

THE TRUCKS F'N MANUAL SHOWS YOU HOW TO FOLD THE SEATS FLAT. yet they simply do not. new "feature" to '13 i guess? annoying as hell.

no locking tailgate? really now?

and aside from bitching about that, it's the greatest damn truck out there. climbs like a goat too! the ATRAC is badass!
Old 10-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #1189
Paleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Paleus's Tacoma Gallery
This rattle in the cab when cruising about 50mph. I can't find it and it is driving me freakin nuts. My driver side leafs started squeaking today as well.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:14 PM   #1190
topknot is on a distinguished road
Air Force: USAF 1986-1992
Name: Mike
topknot's Tacoma Gallery
The vibration from the left front differential.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #1191
tstout23 is on a distinguished road
tstout23's Tacoma Gallery
only thing i really have noticed that i dislike are the headrests. i thought maybe i was just too short for them but apparently they suck for everyone
Old 10-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #1192
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits View Post
Property tax?! Wtf is this "property tax"? Are you paying some sort of tax just by owning a truck?
Many states have a personal property tax on vehicles, boats, trailers, etc....

California has a "Vehicle Licensing Fee in lieu of a Personal Property Tax"... because an actual tax has to pass by a 2/3rds vote.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:10 PM   #1193
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FletcherFarms View Post
I must have purchased a lemon. Only 7000 miles and I have lost my 4 wheel drive. Hubs grind when I spin the wheels in mud! Also, there is an air "PUMP" on the passenger side that makes electronic type noises when I start and shut off my vehicle. It sounds like a damn transformer. Took it in to have the first oil change, pointed it out to the tech and they replaced the part. When it started again a few days later The Dealer tells me it is "completely normal". I've been working with the factory and the engineers and they have decided that it will just make that noise. BOOOOOO trying to return it as we speak. I am not paying $30,000 for a defective machine
I wonder if he returned his defective machine
I hate never knowing the end of the story /the end/
Old 12-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #1194
Toy Truck Fan
Hungry is on a distinguished road
Canadian Army: R Westmr R, 1PPCLI, LER
Name: Barney
Hungry's Tacoma Gallery
I dunno about all you guys and girls, but I'm coming over from THREE Rav4 vehicles (2000, 2003, and 2008).

I'm driving a 2007 2.7L Standard pkg, 5 spd manual, black bumpers, grill and now; black painted steel factory rims. I'm just happy to have a Tacoma to haul yard waste and do all my dump runs and errands.

Yeah, I could search forever to find faults, but frankly, I would rather be grateful that my kids have left home to build up their own lives and I can happily trade in the mini-van and Rav4 babies, now I'm just so happy to have a 'Yoda truck once again.

Just my 0.02 after tax cents!

Cheers all!

Barney
Old 12-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #1195
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud of

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry View Post
I dunno about all you guys and girls, but I'm coming over from THREE Rav4 vehicles (2000, 2003, and 2008).

I'm driving a 2007 2.7L Standard pkg, 5 spd manual, black bumpers, grill and now; black painted steel factory rims. I'm just happy to have a Tacoma to haul yard waste and do all my dump runs and errands.

Yeah, I could search forever to find faults, but frankly, I would rather be grateful that my kids have left home to build up their own lives and I can happily trade in the mini-van and Rav4 babies, now I'm just so happy to have a 'Yoda truck once again.

Just my 0.02 after tax cents!

Cheers all!

Barney
Way to make the rest of us feel like assholes haha
Old 12-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #1196
cjcold is on a distinguished road
cjcold's Tacoma Gallery
power

Why o why won't Toyota put a six banger in the regular cab? Dumb!
Old 01-09-2014, 06:28 PM   #1197
4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dane
4x4Taco09's Tacoma Gallery
REAR DRUM BRAKES!
Old 01-09-2014, 06:35 PM   #1199
TYBG
Cryin Ryan is on a distinguished road

Cryin Ryan's Tacoma Gallery
shaking past 50+ mph, and that damned A/C vibrating noise
Oh yeah, the lack of sound dampening if there even is any
Old 01-10-2014, 06:34 AM   #1200
Fincher1 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: McClain county sheriffs office
Fincher1's Tacoma Gallery
It needs a v8 package all other mid size trucks besides Nissan that I know of have a v8 option even Mitsubishi has a v8