1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What do you DISLIKE about your Tacoma?

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by OFFROADCARWASH, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Jul 27, 2009 at 5:07 PM
    91r100gs

91r100gs Understand the Voice Within

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Kansas City area
    Vehicle:
    '08 Impluse Red SR5 I-4
    Factory bed mat, TacomaWorld.com sticker, EGR In-Channel Vent Visors, AFE ProDryS drop in air filter
    This generation is not even in the same league as my 1st Toyota PU. But oddly the paint on mine is probably the best part of my Taco. The next generation will have to be much better in dozens of areas for me to consider another one. Toyota definitly rested on their laurels on this generation. It has meet my expectations in the area of gas mileage though.

2. Jul 28, 2009 at 6:55 PM
    Taco505

Taco505 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2011 4cyl 4x4 5 speed
    OME 884's/90021, MD Dakar/Nitrocharger.
    well lets see, i hated the stock tires worst things ever! the cloth on the doors always dirty, and also the cloth on the seats stain extreamly easy i tried to shampoo them and the shampoo stained it after three different products WTF?

but other than that i love my taco!

3. Jul 28, 2009 at 7:41 PM
    chiefridr

chiefridr I don't want a large farva!

Member:
    Carrollton, TX
    Vehicle:
    16 DCTRDOR
    No lighted glovebox
    No lock on glovebox
    No lock on armrest console
    No locking tailgate
    No body side moldings
    No hood struts
    No one touch up function for drivers window
    No locking gas cap or hatch door
    No power rear sliding window
    COMPLETE POS STEREO SYSTEM!!!
    Lack of D rings in the bed (corrected now)
    No bed light
    No sunroof option
    Composite bed scratches and turns white
    Upholstery water stains really easy
    Windshield glass scratches easy
    Mud flaps are too long
    Overhead temp/compass display cover is really shiny and I can't see it during daylight from the glare
    Chincy floor mats
    Auxilliary port volume sucks
    Lotsa orange lights
    No lighted 4x4 switch
    No fog light on indicator light

Other than that I love it!!!!

Are you listening Toyta R&D guys?

4. Jul 28, 2009 at 8:49 PM
    jpg366

jpg366 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner SR5
    When slowing to turn (not a stop), the truck (auto v6 access prerunner) hangs in low gear for a while. Annoying. I'd like to ignore 1st gear when not towing.

5. Jul 29, 2009 at 4:42 AM
    commtrd

commtrd commtrd

Member:
    Corpus Christi TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab 4wd V6
    I do not think lighted glove box, body side moldings, power sliding rear window, locking center console, locking glovebox, sunroof, or bed light are either necessary or desirable. Agree the stock stereo is a total POS. Mud flaps are not too long. Fog light indicator is displayed on the dash lower left of speedometer. Orange lighting sucks, would much rather have them blue. The composite bed should be steel but mine has not done anything other than stay perfectly black and my truck sits in some of the harshest sun and heat in the whole US (south Texas) all day every day. Improvements in these trucks should be centered on what makes them truly base functional like getting the best gas mileage possible, correctly set-up suspension, a decent stock sound system etc. All the above mentioned items are just minor crap that would only increase the cost of the vehicle while yielding no tangible benefits. Just lock the doors and don't worry about having locks on every damned thing indside the cab. Body side molding looks tacky and cheap. I will not buy a vehicle that has body side molding and would remove it if I had it on my truck. There is also an indicator on the dash (lower right of speedometer) that comes on when in 4wd. No need to light that dial. Sounds like this person would be happier in a luxury car with all-wheel drive rather than a truck. A sun roof in a truck?!? Give me a break...

6. Jul 29, 2009 at 3:21 PM
    kanelakos

kanelakos Well-Known Member

Member:
    Binghamton, NY
    Vehicle:
    16 DC LB Sport

Tell us how you really feel!:D

7. Jul 29, 2009 at 3:29 PM
    tacoholic

tacoholic Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    Woah woah...this is what you DISLIKE about your Tacoma...not what makes you want to shoot someone. :)

I agree with most of this but still, small luxury items (like a sunroof) are nice to have and keep drivers tanned. ;)

8. Jul 29, 2009 at 3:34 PM
    commtrd

commtrd commtrd

Member:
    Corpus Christi TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab 4wd V6
    Sorry for the harsh response...try trading the russell mini futures contract intraday sometime and tell me you don't get a little wired when for the second time I enter and get slammed for 120 a contract in like 15 seconds. Got a little steamed I guess. No justification for a harsh reply.

9. Jul 29, 2009 at 5:08 PM
    tacoholic

tacoholic Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    Eh, it's all good! We all get a little worked up sometimes.
    A sunroof on a truck is still a good idea, whether you like it or not. lol :p

10. Jul 29, 2009 at 8:15 PM
    beastlytaco

beastlytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    i have no armrest. AHHHHHHHHHHHH its terrible

11. Jul 31, 2009 at 4:52 PM
    macwired

macwired Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    West Coast
    Vehicle:
    06 Taco 4x4 4 banger
    no D4-D diesel option that is available on every other continent toyota sells to.

12. Aug 4, 2009 at 8:38 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    you all have to remember the tacoma is a great truck, but with that said i really dont like how dirty the floor mats get, and the flismyness of the tailgate 2 full size dirtbikes on it it goes down like 20 degrees

13. Aug 8, 2009 at 7:31 PM
    DocD

DocD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mn./SoCal
    Vehicle:
    09 access cab
    WOW!!!! I've only put 85 miles on my new Tacoma, Did I make a mistake???? I sure hope not. I purchased the Toyota because of it's great rep. About the only thing I want to do right away is put a receiver hitch on and purchase a trailer, should I dump this sled while it is still just about new? They are putting some good prices on the Dodge ram right now. Please advise, Thanks D

14. Aug 8, 2009 at 8:04 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    No way dude. Nothing is 'perfect' but you'll find way more things to complain about with a domestic. Toyotas are the shiznit.

15. Aug 8, 2009 at 8:56 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    Nah, you'll have alot less problem with Toyota than Dodge.

16. Aug 9, 2009 at 5:13 AM
    DocD

DocD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mn./SoCal
    Vehicle:
    09 access cab

"Tongue in Cheek" Guys!!! I purchased the Tacoma for what it is, NOT for what it isn't. I know nothing is perfect, I think the Taco will serve me well. Don't get me wrong, I know what this thread is about and take it in the spirit that it is written, after all it is nice to know some of its draw backs. I only have a few miles on mine, so after awhile I am sure I will be unhappy with somethings, D ps interesting reading!!!!

17. Aug 9, 2009 at 5:40 AM
    commtrd

commtrd commtrd

Member:
    Corpus Christi TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab 4wd V6
    Well nothing man-made is ever going to be perfect. Plus there will always be those who want things that would be frivolous and only drive the price to unaffordable levels. BUT for what these trucks were meant to do and be they are great trucks. If you want to be able to tow 20,000 lbs. then these tacoma trucks are not going to be good at doing that, as an example. If a person wants leather seats, sunroof, power everything that can possibly be power actuated, that can be done but remember it is going to push the cost to unaffordable levels. Can there be improvements to the basic package? Absolutely. But that goes for any vehicle made by any manufacturer.

The fact is that these tacoma trucks ARE good trucks and are a valid purchase. It is up to each buyer to determine what they need / want and then decide if what they are looking at works for them. Example: I bought a tacoma with a manual trans because that is what I prefer to drive. I found out that the manual trans trucks get worse gas mileage than the auto trans trucks. So whose fault is that? It is my fault because I did not do enough research to find that out. Am I going to trade off because of that? NO. I love my truck and rowing through the gears and the added benefit that it tows my boat better because of the lower gearing in the transmission. So I could bitch about it endlessly or just drive it and be happy. I choose the latter.

We need a thread about "What Do You Like About Your Tacoma".

18. Aug 9, 2009 at 4:54 PM
    Isthatahemi

Isthatahemi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD OFF ROAD
    BFG AT's, Weathertechs, Hoppy's brake controller.
    Engine Vibration from the I4.
    How difficult it becomes driving in hot weather with the clutch fan, and AC compressor dragging the rpm down too fast between shifts, and never at the same rate twice. A little fuel remapping could cure this.

19. Aug 10, 2009 at 9:03 AM
    mr2crazed

mr2crazed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Morro Bay, CA.
    Vehicle:
    06 DC PreRunner SR5
    I really don't care for the drive-by-wire the v6 has, feels artificial to me. Also the carpet seems cheap compared to my older cars, imo.

20. Aug 10, 2009 at 11:56 AM
    TattooedGirl

TattooedGirl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jae Jae
    Canton, MA
    Vehicle:
    04 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4
    Not enough center console and cup room for my liking in the 04 Tacos, but they look like they fixed it... Just wish, mine wasn't some limited in space.

Products Discussed in

To Top