LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

What do you DISLIKE about your Tacoma?

Old 03-31-2009, 05:30 PM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The friggin weak tailgate. Oh, And the cloth on the armrests. Who the hell thought "hey, lets put cloth on this high traffic armrest so it wont be too cold or hot for those people who don't actually use their truck as a truck" Biggest flaw ever- Always getting dirty.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:32 PM   #3
-Doomsday Squad-"game over man"
RaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud of

RaginCajun's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing!
Old 03-31-2009, 05:32 PM   #4
Ask me about the shortbus...
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
S/C stock. WTF toyota
Old 03-31-2009, 05:32 PM   #5
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
i hate that my truck creaks every time i move the damn steering wheel...still gotta get under there and see why its doing that
Old 03-31-2009, 05:39 PM   #6
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
i owe 62 more payments
Old 03-31-2009, 05:41 PM   #8
ROLLIN ON RUST
senor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
senor taco's Tacoma Gallery
I hate the cloth armrests and the way my engine ticks and that I got to wash it all the time aside from that I love my taco
Old 03-31-2009, 06:00 PM   #9
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
RPM shift lag

Lousy visibility (1st vehicle I have ever owned where you can't actually see any of the 4 corners, makes it difficult to put the bumper within a couple inches of trees or big ass rocks without relying on guessimating)

A pillars too wide (another visibility problem, damn pedestrians can sneak right up on you)

The truck is also a little too wide on several old trails my older Toyotas fit on just fine, should have left them narrower like older models but that was probably a liability thing cause people are too stupid to realize they need to slow down on corners

Way too many useless cup holders

Plastic 4WD switch that engages if it's feeling like it at the moment

Rear end clunks when coming out of 4 wheel, none of my other toys did that.

Toyota keeps putting weak ass springs in them even after several years of having a TSB for the issue so the soccer kids in the back seat don't have to put up with a truck like ride

Hard easily scratched plastic on both the dash and the gauge cluster

Dirt magnet interior door handles

No insulation in the roof, never heard rain drops sound like hail before in my other ones

Slippery plastic bed
Old 03-31-2009, 06:10 PM   #10
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
Dirt that comes in through the door handles and around the edges of the doors
Damn buzzing noise on the passenger side thats been fixed twice
Cheap tires that come stock....its a 4x4 put some tires on it!!
Seats seem a bit short on the bottom section
The fresh hail dents I have all over the hood and roof!
Old 03-31-2009, 06:14 PM   #11
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick
Old 03-31-2009, 06:55 PM   #12
www.saveadane.org
Anathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Anathollo's Tacoma Gallery
I dislike that the side mirrors don't have the same dimming properties as the rear view mirror. It's pretty useless because the bright headlights still hit you from the sides at night. And the fact that we don't have a built in bed light. Can't see anything in the bed once it gets dark.

But other than those, no other big complaints...
Old 03-31-2009, 07:11 PM   #13
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
I don't see some of these things you guys are asking for. Do any trucks have dimming side mirrors? I would hate to rip one of those off ($$).

I hate the tick tick tick tick from my engine.

I don't care for the the HARD dashboard but can live with it.

It should come with hood struts.

Door handles feel cheap.

None of this is reason for me to wish I had another vehicle. I am positive there is nothing on the market that would please me more than my Tacoma. That is all I can ask from it.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:31 PM   #14
sbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to all

Name: Scott
sbeau1960's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sbeau1960
*Fuel economy, or lack thereof

*Soft stock suspension (upgraded with 5100's and rear spring TSB)

*Extremely long stock shifter throw (TRD quickshifter installed)

*Dash lights on all the time, easy to accidently drive on a lighted street with lights off at night.

*No fog light "on" indicator

*Driver's door armrest too low

*Gauge cluster plastic easily scratched

*Center cupholder plastic easily scratched

*No ashtray or place to keep parking change (accessory cupholder ashtray installed)

*Silver center dash, stereo and HVAC controls, looks a little cheap IMO

*Slick truck bed that scratches easily (ordered rubber bed mat)

*Ugly plastic chrome grill (replaced with body color)

That might seem like a long list, but I love my truck. Just some things that Toyota could do better right out of the box.

What do I love?

*Exterior styling, best looking truck on the road!

*Comfortable seats and roomy interior

*Plenty of storage, center console, door pockets, glove box, under rear seat, tons of places to keep your stuff.

*Strong engine, great power.

*Ride and handling, NOW that I have the suspension set up to my liking.

*Very well built.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:51 PM   #15
TX Trill
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by senor taco View Post
I hate the cloth armrests and the way my engine ticks and that I got to wash it all the time aside from that I love my taco

wow i hate thatt shit tooo!!!
Old 03-31-2009, 08:55 PM   #16
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i dislike how all you 2nd gen owners complain about your problems

Old 03-31-2009, 09:05 PM   #17
Mainland Newfie
mainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud of
mainland_newfie's Tacoma Gallery
haha wish that my truck came with 20 inch rims, a three inch lift, a brush guard, a better stereo, and a tonneau cover... oh wait after the summer it will, an it'll be another dream come true, as the first was just getting it.

The only thing I didn't like was paying 39k for it before extras, taxes. that really hurts. Oh and the 5.7% financing, that I hated too.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:13 PM   #18
I bleed Black and Gold
cheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant future

Name: Adam
cheehab's Tacoma Gallery
I wish the rear side windows an my access cab opened. They don't need to roll down like the DC's, but it'd be pretty cool if they opened outward like the 1st gens' did.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:14 PM   #19
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
the dumb winsheild noise when i hit 80

and my rugged fails

the soft car paint
(its an off road vehicle, put some paint that can withstand off roading a little bit)

the orange interior gaudge lights... so ugly

oyher than that i love it
Old 03-31-2009, 09:43 PM   #20
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
Fugly Orange Guage Lights!!! And climate control lights!!

The crack in my windshield!

My clutch petal sounds like it needs WD-40!

Speedway Blue attracts bugs and dirt.

No bed lighting.

Products Discussed in this Thread