LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Has anybody purchased RotopaX Fuel Cans?

Old 04-07-2014, 11:27 PM   #1
godsend is on a distinguished road
Marines:
godsend's Tacoma Gallery
Has anybody purchased RotopaX Fuel Cans?

I've been considering getting a pair of these for my Taco, I'd like to know if anybody out there knows how durable they are.

http://rotopax.com/
Old 04-07-2014, 11:50 PM   #2
Banana Nut
TheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TheMuffinMan's Tacoma Gallery
I've used one 2 gallon for years and it doesn't leak a drop. Very high quality product in my opinion, though you do pay for it.

I just dropped $$$ on two 4-gal rotopax cans and some mounts and will be fabbing up some bed rail attachment plates.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:59 PM   #3
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
As someone who sells them I can say they're very Durable. I have a 4 gallon fuel and two first aid 2 gallons. The storage capacity is a little less than ideal given the hole in the center, but being able to mount them to virtually any surface makes up for that in my mind. The reason my business carries them is the same reason I carry them personally. They're changing an otherwise stagnant market. When was the last time you saw someone innovate a new gas can?

I personally enjoy products like that because it forces growth, forces a market to evolve. I'll put my money there every time. Hasn't failed me yet.

If there is anything specifically you'd like to see, let me know.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:34 AM   #4
dispatch55126 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
dispatch55126's Tacoma Gallery
They look nice and are priced comparable to MFC's but for $100, I'd rather get 3-4 Jerry Cans.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:37 AM   #5
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
I like my 3G gas…only thing I recommend is buying the self venting spout they sell to replace the Eco-Spout that comes with it. The Eco-Spout type of spout is a piece of junk.

Matt
Old 04-08-2014, 10:40 AM   #6
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dispatch55126 View Post
They look nice and are priced comparable to MFC's

IDK , I can get a brand new 5 gal MFC for $60
Old 04-08-2014, 11:24 AM   #7
dispatch55126 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
dispatch55126's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
I like my 3G gas…only thing I recommend is buying the self venting spout they sell to replace the Eco-Spout that comes with it. The Eco-Spout type of spout is a piece of junk.

Matt
Even better, get yourself a super siphon. That way, you don't even need to remove the fuel can to refill.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:06 PM   #8
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Yes they cost more, But when you consider the space they save and the convenience of being able to mount virtually anywhere, I shut my eyes and forked over the wallet. You're not buying a gas can , you're buying an infinitely expandable storage solution. Ill take that over a jerry can any day.