Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

who has the best bed liner advice??

Old 04-23-2014, 09:42 AM   #1
nickd77 is on a distinguished road
nickd77's Tacoma Gallery
who has the best bed liner advice??

I'm a new member I have a 13 Tacoma ext cab and I am destroying the bed in the truck what's the best cover for this truck and how much for a replacement bed???? Please help!
Old 04-23-2014, 09:45 AM   #2
ramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ramon
ramonortiz55's Tacoma Gallery
How exactlie are you destroying the bed liner from the factory?

Those things are prettie tough..
Old 04-23-2014, 10:29 AM   #3
nickd77's Tacoma Gallery
I meant the actual bed it's mad of composite it scratches like fiberglass i'm talking like big scrapes. Really bad was very disappointed when I got the truck. Punctured a hole right thru it with a piece of wood. I need a like obviously our a new bed eventually.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:36 AM   #4
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
Punctured a hole with a piece of wood? How did that happen? I am not sure there is anything you would be able to do with ANY truck if you are being that rough with it. You would demolish any spray-on liner in no time, and plastic liners probably wouldn't help. I use mine like a truck and only have surface marks on the sides. I put the rubber Toyota bed mat in mine.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:40 AM   #5
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickd77 View Post
I'm a new member I have a 13 Tacoma ext cab and I am destroying the bed in the truck what's the best cover for this truck and how much for a replacement bed???? Please help!
lets see pics of the hole in the bed.
i have beat the shit out of my bed, yes it is scratched up and i have a hole in my fender well but that is from a jack wagon pushing a pallet with lots of metal on it into my bed at an angle. so honestly a piece of wood is not just gonna put a hole in it, it takes extreme amounts of force.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:25 AM   #6
nickd77's Tacoma Gallery
It's actually my father's truck it was obviously his error he had a 2x4 in the back of the truck while backing the truck up slowly he backed into a fire hydrant and it pushed the 2x right thru the front of the bed and dented the back of the cab. Obviously customer error. The today I had some light metal in the bed and it scratched the bed so bad it was like taking a screw drive to the side of the boat and opened up the dry composite hair witch will eventually soak up water like fiberglass right?
Old 04-23-2014, 11:31 AM   #7
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickd77 View Post
It's actually my father's truck it was obviously his error he had a 2x4 in the back of the truck while backing the truck up slowly he backed into a fire hydrant and it pushed the 2x right thru the front of the bed and dented the back of the cab. Obviously customer error. The today I had some light metal in the bed and it scratched the bed so bad it was like taking a screw drive to the side of the boat and opened up the dry composite hair witch will eventually soak up water like fiberglass right?

Your fine it's not gonna hurt it, plenty of trucks on here with scratched beds and no damage. The bed is not quite fiberglass it's a blend of shit as iv been told. All I can say is go buy a bed mat and the floor will no longer get damaged.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:34 PM   #8
The403Guy is a splendid one to beholdThe403Guy is a splendid one to beholdThe403Guy is a splendid one to beholdThe403Guy is a splendid one to beholdThe403Guy is a splendid one to beholdThe403Guy is a splendid one to beholdThe403Guy is a splendid one to beholdThe403Guy is a splendid one to behold

The403Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, bed mat is cheap and it will also stop your shit from sliding around as much
Old 04-23-2014, 08:36 PM   #9
The403Guy is a splendid one to beholdThe403Guy is a splendid one to beholdThe403Guy is a splendid one to beholdThe403Guy is a splendid one to beholdThe403Guy is a splendid one to beholdThe403Guy is a splendid one to beholdThe403Guy is a splendid one to beholdThe403Guy is a splendid one to behold

The403Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Backing a 2 x 4 in it a circular fire hydrant until it busts the box? I could not do that if I tried. He sounds like the Harlem globe trotters of taco driving
Old 04-24-2014, 04:24 AM   #10
nickd77's Tacoma Gallery
Globe trotter of taco driving.. Hmm OK thanks for the advice.