Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Rokblokz oversized tire mudflaps

Old 04-25-2014, 06:14 PM   #1
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Rokblokz oversized tire mudflaps

I didn't find any info about these other than rokblokz website, but decided to give them a shot. Hopefully this will help others who are considering this kit. I am running about 2.5" of lift with 275/70r17 tires on 4.1" b.s. wheels.

I chose the "regular length" over the short. They are packaged very well, with stainless steel hardware, washers, nylon spacers and steel brackets divided for the front and rear sets. Instructions are clear and include large pictures for each step. This was awesome. The quality is top notch IMO.

The rear set is very straight forward. 3 screws with large washers, and a different size spacer for each screw to hold the flap flat against the flare. The mounting holes are slotted for adjustment. I pulled mine all the way out for maximum coverage.

I will admit, the front flaps are not the prettiest when mounted. They sit outside the flare, with visible brackets and hardware. Clear vinyl is included to install on the flare to prevent paint damage from the tight fit of the flaps. I chose to paint the 4 offset brackets (2 per side) satin black so they blend in better. With the instructions, installation is simple and no modifications are necessary. A tab bends backwards and secures the inside of the flap to the bottom of the flare, with a longer screw and spacer to replace the factory screw.

I apologize for the dark pictures. I can get better shots later if anyone cares.

So far I am happy with my purchase. I want mudflaps for paint protection, and it looks like these will do great as long as they hold up. My stock front flaps were trimmed and cut up so much that they were barely hanging on, but still scraping the tires just before full lock.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:18 PM   #2
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. What material is the flap? Is it urethane like Rally Armor's?
Old 04-26-2014, 01:18 AM   #5
DougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Doug
DougDeBonet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
They call it a "proprietary polyurethane". It is very flexible but durable. They are cnc cut, very nice looking flaps IMO and a perfect fit.

I've had a set of the regular ones since January right after I got my truck. It currently has no mudflaps and I'm unsure if I'll even install them lmao
Old 04-26-2014, 06:25 AM   #7
vssman will become famous soon enoughvssman will become famous soon enough
vssman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I like em
X2
Old 04-26-2014, 10:13 AM   #9
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^Yea front flaps are always a bit ugly no matter who makes them, but they are quite necessary. Does Rokblokz offer them in a longer length?
Old 08-20-2014, 09:59 PM   #12
weezer will become famous soon enough

weezer's Tacoma Gallery
looks good
Old 11-10-2014, 09:37 AM   #14
DJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DJB1's Tacoma Gallery
I like 'em a lot. It's a win-win scenario when they look better AND work better than the stock non-flappy mud flaps.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:53 PM   #15
Idaho has much to be proud ofIdaho has much to be proud ofIdaho has much to be proud ofIdaho has much to be proud ofIdaho has much to be proud ofIdaho has much to be proud ofIdaho has much to be proud ofIdaho has much to be proud ofIdaho has much to be proud ofIdaho has much to be proud of
Army:
Idaho's Tacoma Gallery
What is the cost on these and did they use factory hole or did you have to make new ones?