Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Boch Toyota dealer installed backup camera

Old 05-02-2014, 03:06 PM   #21
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidDragon View Post
Well looks like I am screwed on the whole backup camera and just paid $530 for a piece of crap camera. Not going to let this bum me out and look at it like a learning experience and remember to always do things myself if I want it done the correct way and to never buy accessories from dealers. When I signed the paperwork for the camera I was assured by the sales lady that sold the accessories for the truck that the camera that I was getting was exactly the same as an OEM camera but that the receipt said generic because the camera changed from 2013 to 2014 and they had to order the camera from the manufacturer directly because Toyota didn't sell them directly yet. anyways I put the part number in to Google and sure enough it comes up with that crap that they sold me and it only cost $150 online. F U Boch Toyota.
Sorry Mike.
I wish I could give you a direction to go..
Old 05-02-2014, 04:33 PM   #22
LiquidDragon is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Electronics Technician
Name: Michael
LiquidDragon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Mike View Post
Sorry Mike.
I wish I could give you a direction to go..

I did email Ernie last night and I got a call from a manager today and he said that someone is suppose to call me Monday to try and resolve the issue. We shall see what happens. Maybe they will do the right thing but who knows and I will post the final outcome of this.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:36 PM   #23
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I did email Ernie last night and I got a call from a manager today and he said that someone is suppose to call me Monday to try and resolve the issue. We shall see what happens. Maybe they will do the right thing but who knows and I will post the final outcome of this.
Good....
Old 05-02-2014, 04:48 PM   #24
G8keepr is on a distinguished road
Name: Rich
G8keepr's Tacoma Gallery
Hope it all works out for you. I spent 3 hours at boch trying to by the leftover tx baja they had. They wouldn't budge on the price and I was paying cash. I left and went to littleton/acton Toyota and couldn't be happier. Best of luck to you.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:54 PM   #25
SKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
SKULLY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How far is the dealership from you? I would be down there is a heartbeat in the showroom talking to a manager. It is incredible what they are willing to do when there are other customers trying to work a deal out and a customer that just bought from them shows up and starts letting it be known that they are unhappy with a recent purchase or service. They will do what it takes to shut you up so they don't lose other sales...
Old 05-02-2014, 05:02 PM   #26
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKULLY View Post
How far is the dealership from you? I would be down there is a heartbeat in the showroom talking to a manager. It is incredible what they are willing to do when there are other customers trying to work a deal out and a customer that just bought from them shows up and starts letting it be known that they are unhappy with a recent purchase or service. They will do what it takes to shut you up so they don't lose other sales...
This!!!
Old 05-02-2014, 05:05 PM   #27
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Post a review on Yelp, and Google.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:28 AM   #28
The dealership is over an hour from me so with my busy schedule it isn't like driving 10 minutes to just drop in. Took me three weeks to find time to make it in on the day that I purchased the truck and they delivered it to my house because it was going to be two weeks before I was able to make it back there again.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:37 PM   #29
now I am getting harassing emails from the sales guy because he is pissed that I didn't give him "all 10's" on his customer survey. its things like this that really make me hate going to dealerships and really makes me wish there was a way to buy cars without ever having to deal with these scumbags.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #30
tam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tam
tam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
now I am getting harassing emails from the sales guy because he is pissed that I didn't give him "all 10's" on his customer survey. its things like this that really make me hate going to dealerships and really makes me wish there was a way to buy cars without ever having to deal with these scumbags.
File a complaint about the harassment with corporate and forward the e-mails to them.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:49 PM   #31
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingston73 View Post
Ernie boch and son suck. I wouldn't have driven off the lot with that, and definitely wouldn't have spent any time taking that crap apart.

Ernie Boch Sr. passed away years ago, now it's Ernie Boch Jr., his son, running the show.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:53 PM   #32
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8keepr View Post
Hope it all works out for you. I spent 3 hours at boch trying to by the leftover tx baja they had. They wouldn't budge on the price and I was paying cash. I left and went to littleton/acton Toyota and couldn't be happier. Best of luck to you.

I hear ya. Dealerships hate cash sales. They want you to finance the sale.. they make more money at it.

Offering cash to buy a vehicle gives you little to no leverage in negotiations.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:56 PM   #33
Quote:
Originally Posted by tam View Post
File a complaint about the harassment with corporate and forward the e-mails to them.

I just emailed the owner again to let him know about the harassing emails and told him that I love the truck and that my only complaints are the cheap backup camera that was installed and the harassment from the sales guy.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:02 PM   #34

This thread is much like my wife's experience at Ira Toyota in Milford 2 years ago.

She bought a '12 highlander (new back then) and negotiated a trailer hitch in the sale. Well, she was told to bring in the car in a few days to have it installed... When she picked it up, it had an aftermarket Curt hitch on it hanging below the bumper.... with NO WIRING HARNESS INSTALLED

She was pissed, and so was I. She thought she was getting an intregal Toyota hitch within the bumper (factory style).

That salesman got a bad review on his sale and they were pissed about it.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:09 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
BTW, that thing is illegal, the word Massachusetts can't be covered, $40 fine for that. I'd use that in your argument as well.

Good call.

They also installed it wrong... the bracket should be behind the plate, not on the face. Derp.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:47 PM   #36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
Call Ernie Boch directly, if he isn't jamming on his guitar. Why did you drive away with that piece of shit on your truck? I would have refused delivery saying "Factory" means what comes from the factory, not this cheap Chinese hunk of shit.

BTW, that thing is illegal, the word Massachusetts can't be covered, $40 fine for that. I'd use that in your argument as well.

The salesman is pissed because that his how he gets his bonus and the dealer gets more money when they get a good survey back, he can do something he just won't

Thanks for the heads up on the camera covering the word Massachusetts.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:49 PM   #37
nofearracer is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
nofearracer's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, that's pretty lame how they connected the wires. I say in support of OP we should call them starting Monday and tell them they lost another customer, unless they fix the situation. Can't hurt, strength in numbers== Sales888) 321-6631
Old 05-03-2014, 02:54 PM   #38
hey I would be extremely happy if they just mailed me an OEM camera and I can install it myself.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:14 PM   #39

Quote:
Like others have said.
Report him.
He doesn't deserve a 10 in anyway shape or form.
And calling you begging for the 10 makes it even worse.
Let them know your not going to stand for any threatening calls and do what tam said if it continues.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:48 PM   #40
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Plus the opportunity to give the sales guy an ass whipping..

Sorry to hear LD..