Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Boch Toyota dealer installed backup camera

Old 05-08-2014, 10:25 AM   #41
LiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Electronics Technician
Name: Michael
LiquidDragon's Tacoma Gallery
Well its been several days and now i am just being ignored by the dealership. they had their guy that installed the camera give me a call and he said that he could send me another camera that fits in the tailgate handle but i would still have to splice it into the factory wiring. WTF? When i purchased the truck i specificaly said i wanted the FACTORY backup camera and didnt want to install an aftermarket camera or splice or cut any of the factory wiring. I tried calling back and talking to a manager but all i am getting is voicemails now. FY Boch Toyota!
Old 05-08-2014, 10:31 AM   #42
stphnman20 will become famous soon enoughstphnman20 will become famous soon enough
Marines:
stphnman20's Tacoma Gallery
Use another phone or block your number.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:37 AM   #43
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidDragon View Post
Well its been several days and now i am just being ignored by the dealership. they had their guy that installed the camera give me a call and he said that he could send me another camera that fits in the tailgate handle but i would still have to splice it into the factory wiring. WTF? When i purchased the truck i specificaly said i wanted the FACTORY backup camera and didnt want to install an aftermarket camera or splice or cut any of the factory wiring. I tried calling back and talking to a manager but all i am getting is voicemails now. FY Boch Toyota!
Refer back to post 6.

Grow a pair!
Old 05-08-2014, 09:05 PM   #44
steewoz is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
steewoz's Tacoma Gallery
Liquid Dragon. I had some problems with Prime Toyota just up the road. They gave me the run around for weeks and tried all kind of bs to avoid taking responsibility.

Write down the facts in the order that they happened, with names, dates and the statements that were made (including any information that you feel that they should have conveyed but didn't, like the fact that it wasn't a factory camera and it wasn't $530 and why weren't you refunded at that time) and call toyota corporate. Be friendly and fair with a hint of desperation and you'll have a phone call from Boch management in 45 minutes begging to fix it. Dealerships do not like it when consumers call corporate.

That's exactly what I did and it totally worked. Of course, I can never set foot in Prime toyota again after the hell I raised, but it's worth not getting shat on.

FYI, after I had Prime fix the problems on my FJ, I drove it to Boch and traded it in. They totally sucked too. But I got what I wanted at a decent price.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:14 AM   #45
107main is on a distinguished road
107main's Tacoma Gallery
Open your tailgate and look on the bottom to see if there is a plastic cable going into the bottom of the tailgate. If it is present, then all your need is the factory camera. My friend bought a SR tacoma, which did not come with a camera, although the sales brochure said it did with the entune radio. He complained, he got the camera, the factory one, which was a 15 minute...take off the cover, plug it in and go deal. Sales folks will sell you the moon for your truck if you don't watch it..anything for a sale!
Old 05-13-2014, 05:14 AM   #46
107main is on a distinguished road
107main's Tacoma Gallery
Open your tailgate and look on the bottom to see if there is a plastic cable going into the bottom of the tailgate. If it is present, then all your need is the factory camera. My friend bought a SR tacoma, which did not come with a camera, although the sales brochure said it did with the entune radio. He complained, he got the camera, the factory one, which was a 15 minute...take off the cover, plug it in and go deal. Sales folks will sell you the moon for your truck if you don't watch it..anything for a sale!
Old 05-22-2014, 06:02 AM   #47
tacoshin is on a distinguished road
tacoshin's Tacoma Gallery
yes sir definite get your money back i thought all 2014 came with backup cams i know my taco came with it that aftermarket cam looks whack but aisde that i hope you get your money back and make them install a the right one
Old 05-22-2014, 06:37 AM   #48
Burghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Burghlar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steewoz View Post
Write down the facts in the order that they happened, with names, dates and the statements that were made (including any information that you feel that they should have conveyed but didn't, like the fact that it wasn't a factory camera and it wasn't $530 and why weren't you refunded at that time) and call toyota corporate. Be friendly and fair with a hint of desperation and you'll have a phone call from Boch management in 45 minutes begging to fix it. Dealerships do not like it when consumers call corporate.
This works. I was forced to call Toyota corporate a few years ago because the dealership refused to admit that they made a mistake while working on my mother's Camry. After explaining my issue to corporate, the dealership, who had been hell to work with to that point, was MORE than willing to correct the problem and even offered us free oil changes and Toyota accessories to make up for the inconvenience. For months after the incident, I would receive cards in the mail asking me to rate my experience with Toyota. They take that stuff pretty seriously.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:12 PM   #49
LiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Okay well it took a while but I finally got the issue resolved. The dealership refunded my money and I ended up finding a stock 2014 backup camera on Craigslist and installed it myself in less than 5 minutes.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:49 PM   #50
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Okay well it took a while but I finally got the issue resolved. The dealership refunded my money and I ended up finding a stock 2014 backup camera on Craigslist and installed it myself in less than 5 minutes.
Good for you..
Old 06-03-2014, 05:37 PM   #51
eazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant future

Name: Jay
eazyrider711's Tacoma Gallery
I hate Boch also. So terrible.

Man, Boch Toyota is seriously the worst dealer I've ever dealt with. I'm glad you finally got your money back. I had an internet price from them for my Baja last July that was really great. Once I got onto the sales floor (2 hour drive from my place) they tried every stinking dirty greasy car sales trick. I was so angry. They didn't even bother to ask me for a survey after it was done. I got my price but had to work for it. This Tacoma was my 3rd Toyota and never had an experience like this.

Renee was the worst/shittiest sales-guy. I had to meet these guys at a DMV to get CT plates and take possession of the truck a couple days after the sale was finalized. They no showed for 4 hours and then the guy they sent wasn't my shitty sales guy because he didn't have the balls to show up.

They did forget to take proof of CT registration and I told them they could go to hell when they tried to get me to provide it. A very small thing, but I did feel a little better and hope they had to pay some extra Mass taxes on the truck.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:08 PM   #52
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyrider711 View Post
Man, Boch Toyota is seriously the worst dealer I've ever dealt with.
You've clearly never been to Hartford Toyota Superstore then. The place is infested with jag offs.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:23 PM   #53
eazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant future

Name: Jay
eazyrider711's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
You've clearly never been to Hartford Toyota Superstore then. The place is infested with jag offs.
LOL, you're right about that. A1 Toyota was really nice, but couldn't get the truck/options/price right. Looking back, I'd have paid the $1000 difference just to work with a great dealership and not those fuckers at Boch. Live and learn.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:25 AM   #54

I've been buying new cars for the past 17 years now and it seems like thepast 10 years dealerships have been getting more and more ridiculous to dealwith. I am in the military and left Virginia when I first joined back in 2000. Ipurchased and new jeep wrangler after boot camp and the experience was veryrelaxed and not stressful at all but once I started getting stationed aroundthe country and buying cars in different states it started getting more andmore stressful and now itís just flat out ridiculous. Iíve noticed that thecloser you get to big cities the worse the experience gets and a few times Ihave actually driven up to three hours away to buy from a small mom and popsdealership just to avoid the stress. I really wanted a 4WD truck and this one hadeverything that I was looking for in a truck so hopefully it lasts a long timeso I donít have to visit a dealership anytime soon other that taking it in forits regular maintenance.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:33 PM   #55
SKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
SKULLY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So shitty that you were treated like this and had to go to the lengths you did to get things taking care of! Glad that you got your money back! What did you end up paying for the camera off of CL?
Old 06-05-2014, 01:12 PM   #56
The camera cost me $200 for a lightly used one on Craigslist which the 2014 are harder to find so when I did I snatched it up right away. I had a 2013 on it for a few weeks and it works like the 2014 accept it doesn't have the guide lines and the connector is slightly different. If you use the older camera you have to remove the outside part of the connector so the 2014 connector can plug in. I would have left the older camera on if it had the guide lines but it didn't.