Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Just got new Ultragauge and not sure if i like it

Old 05-11-2014, 05:51 AM   #1
Greynolds is on a distinguished road
Name: Greg
Greynolds's Tacoma Gallery
Just got new Ultragauge and not sure if i like it

Just received it Friday and have been playing with it and I'm not sure if I like it. Can someone help me change my mind about it
Old 05-11-2014, 07:07 AM   #3
One thing is that I filled up the tank and it will not let me input how much I put in it and the speedometer gauge is very slow with the speedometer in the truck and it fluctuates up and down speed.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:58 AM   #4
40 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greynolds View Post
One thing is that I filled up the tank and it will not let me input how much I put in it and the speedometer gauge is very slow with the speedometer in the truck and it fluctuates up and down speed.
You may need to increase the refresh rate. Be advised if you increase to much you could cause communication issues with the vehicle systems. Re read your input instructions for fuel as I ever had issues. I also have the reset and inputs copied in the truck for reference cause it is easy to mess up a step.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:16 PM   #5
IAFF Local 34 Professional FireFighters
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Out of curiosity.... why do you have it set on Speedometer? As far as setting up for fuel tank you set that up at the start in the walk through screens IIRC. Never ever go by that though. That is just a "estimate" of what's left.

Here is how mine is set up with the gauges I like.

Old 05-11-2014, 08:36 PM   #6
I was actually just seeing how accurate the mph was with speedometer.Also does this thing give an outside temp reading
Old 05-11-2014, 09:01 PM   #7
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
I was actually just seeing how accurate the mph was with speedometer.Also does this thing give an outside temp reading
No... It gives intake temp reading.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:03 PM   #8
LTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
LTDSC's Tacoma Gallery
i think they're a waste. Buy a speedohealer to correct your Odometer/Speedometer and if you must monitor certain things buy a cheap bluetooth OBD2 reader and Torque app. Why bandaid an easy solution with another ugly gauge and something blocking your vision on the windshield.

Just my opinion.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:09 PM   #9

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDSC View Post
i think they're a waste. Buy a speedohealer to correct your Odometer/Speedometer and if you must monitor certain things buy a cheap bluetooth OBD2 reader and Torque app. Why bandaid an easy solution with another ugly gauge and something blocking your vision on the windshield.

Just my opinion.

Hardly blocking anything I would say. Ugly? Matter of opinion I suppose. I find it useful and it's nice knowing exactly what the engine temp is running along with the other gauges. So far for the year that I have owned it it has always been within +/- 1 MPG add to that the instant MPG gauge and I don't see a down side? I understand it's not for everyone but for $60 I love it.

Now... Please tell me what it's blocking here? The dot matrix?

Old 05-11-2014, 09:10 PM   #10
LTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LTDSC's Tacoma Gallery
Try being 6'8" in these. I need all the windshield space I can have. I think they're tacky and ugly.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:11 PM   #11

Firefighter:
Quote:
Try being 6'8" in these. I need all the windshield space I can have. I think they're tacky and ugly.
6'8" You bought the wrong truck
Old 05-11-2014, 09:12 PM   #12

LTDSC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RearViewMirror View Post
6'8" You bought the wrong truck
haha sadly i dont fit much in anything. I've had to modify seat brackets on almost everything i've owned.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:13 PM   #13

Firefighter:
Quote:
haha sadly i dont fit much in anything. I've had to modify seat brackets on almost everything i've owned.
Haha I bet!

*EDIT* Nice 4 Runner BTW!
Old 05-11-2014, 09:32 PM   #14
b.prall is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
b.prall's Tacoma Gallery
Not to thread jack but where did you find it for $60
Old 05-11-2014, 09:41 PM   #15

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.prall View Post
I bought it on their site a little over a year ago. They sent a $10 rebate with the UG IIRC. But the total price with mount was right at $60 after it was all said and done.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:44 PM   #16
I doughnut belong here.
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.prall View Post
Gb going in now. 15 minutes left