Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Need Help with Leaf Springs

Old 05-21-2014, 05:57 AM   #1
jmesser1980 is on a distinguished road
jmesser1980's Tacoma Gallery
Need Help with Leaf Springs

Hello All,

I have owned several tacomas. My current Tacoma is a 2008 TRD Sport V6 6 spd Manual Trans.

I had a leaf spring break a while back and replaced it with a used leaf spring that a auto shop had from a previous customer. I did this just to get it fixed for the time being until I had time to get replacement leaf packs for both sides.

My questions is I have gone through several posts trying to figure out what the best option for me is.

I'm not looking to spend a fortune on leaf springs and am not looking to lift it up tremendously.

I do have a Bass Boat that I tow and also Haul my 4 wheeler in the back so a 1.5" - 2" Lift wouldn't be bad.

I don't know anything about leaf springs and was hoping you guys would have some suggestions about what brand and type of leaf springs I should get.

Also if I were to get a 1.5" - 2" Lift wit the springs would I need to replace the shocks as well due to the extra height?

If so any suggestions on what brand new shocks I should get.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:00 AM   #2
DCSBFTMFW
geekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

geekhouse23's Tacoma Gallery
https://wheelersoffroad.com/product/...dd-a-leaf-kit/
Old 05-21-2014, 07:11 AM   #3
Geekhouse23
Thank you for your quick response.

If I had both stock leaf springs this would be a viable option for me.
I am actually looking to replace both of the leaf packs with new ones to get both sides back to where they have the same leaf springs in them.

But again thank you for your suggestion it is very much appreciated.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:15 AM   #4
DCSBFTMFW
geekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

geekhouse23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmesser1980 View Post
Geekhouse23
Thank you for your quick response.

If I had both stock leaf springs this would be a viable option for me.
I am actually looking to replace both of the leaf packs with new ones to get both sides back to where they have the same leaf springs in them.

But again thank you for your suggestion it is very much appreciated.
Sorry can't read!
Old 05-21-2014, 07:34 AM   #5
Not a problem.

http://skyjacker.com/product.php

I found these. again I don't know much about this stuff.

If I were to purchase these leaf springs would I need to get longer shocks / Struts for the rear or would the OEM length be OK? (I plan on replacing them anyway they have not been replaced since I bought the truck and the city I live in doesn't like to maintain there roads)