Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

NEW PRODUCT ALERT!! An Alternative to Plasti Dip ... Eastwood Company ElastiWrap

Old 06-04-2014, 03:05 PM   #1
kyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kyleTRDtaco12's Tacoma Gallery
NEW PRODUCT ALERT!! An Alternative to Plasti Dip ... Eastwood Company ElastiWrap

We all know that rubberized coatings have become vastly popular in the automotive world today, so I thought id share this... mostly because Eastwood is a very good company, based out of Pennsylvania, USA and any kind of paint and automotive coatings are their specialty and they strive on high quality: here's a short video of the product and theres more on YouTube. The reason I came across this was because im in the market for rubberized coatings to paint the roof and wheels on my GF's 1997 Land Rover Discovery in the near future, but this Eastwood elastiwrap seems like a better, more cost effective option

http://youtu.be/AthFxQd2Nis
Old 06-11-2014, 12:24 AM   #6
kyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kyleTRDtaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by logcabinwc View Post
I would be interested to see if this stuff really is better than plasti-dip
I honestly wouldn't doubt that it is, eastwood makes fantastic products , ive used some of their products I the past, soon I very well may be the guinea pig for this because my gf wants her land rover roof painted black with this stuff lol
Old 06-11-2014, 05:23 AM   #7
nealkas is one of the sharper tools in the shednealkas is one of the sharper tools in the shednealkas is one of the sharper tools in the shednealkas is one of the sharper tools in the shednealkas is one of the sharper tools in the shednealkas is one of the sharper tools in the shednealkas is one of the sharper tools in the shednealkas is one of the sharper tools in the shednealkas is one of the sharper tools in the shednealkas is one of the sharper tools in the shednealkas is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Motor T, other duties as required. ;-)
Name: nealkas
nealkas's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.eastwood.com/custserv-store

You can try before you buy at the store!
Old 06-11-2014, 05:41 AM   #8
jonkassidy is on a distinguished road

jonkassidy's Tacoma Gallery
99.00 a gallon is twice the price of a standard color. Elastidip is also still 20.00 more than gallon of DYC exclusive color. I would take a look at this thread that's going on over on the DYC forum, it has some interesting pics and a video as well about the peeling issues it may or may not have.
If it were me I would stick with the proven product that has more long term use testing.
I've dipped three cars so far and countless other things around the house so I'm fairly familiar with PD.
http://www.dipyourcar.com/forums/sho...koff-ElastiDip