1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CoverKing ballistic seat covers

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Goosedog, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Jun 5, 2014 at 7:27 PM
    Goosedog

Goosedog [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pros, cons, any opinions at all? I want something that comes off fairly easy and I can throw in the wash.

2. Aug 12, 2015 at 10:54 AM
    Ster

Ster Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sterling
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport
    Complete OME Lift w/ 887 and Dakars, Method Mesh rims, Coverking Ballistic seat covers, TRS FXR 3" , DDM fogs (3k), LED map/dome lights, BFG KO2 34/10.5/17, Avid Offroad light bar/sliders/rear bumper guard.
    I have had mine for a little less than a year. I contacted customer service and was able to work out a deal with a nice discount. The seat covers.... They meet my needs. I have a 65 pound pooch and wanted seat protection. They seat covers don't contour to the vehicle seat too well. and some of the stitching is starting to fray. They aren't bad to wash and re install once you understand how they mount (just need to do it a time or two)

Let me know if you have questions or want pics

3. Aug 30, 2015 at 5:38 PM
    jbrnigan

jbrnigan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport, 4X4, 4.0L, Auto - Access Cab

I have Cal Trend Ballistic covers on my 2015 Sport. The have been and are virtually bullet proof - dog proof - grand kid proof - and just generally tough covers. They fit well, color match well and are fairly easy to install. I am very happy with these covers, as I wanted some "tough" covers. Most of the self appointed seat cover experts on this forum seem to prefer wet suit or faux leather covers???? I am not familiar with Cover King but, if you want tough seat covers, Cordura or ballistic nylon fills the bill.

4. Aug 31, 2015 at 7:21 AM
    DALA

DALA Member

Member:
    we bought my boyfriend's uncle a set of Cordura from Decor Auto. $30.00 off sale and free shipping.

i'm not a fan of leather....and i love my neo supreme seat covers, but my boyfriend's uncle always carries a lot of stuff around and had some really disgusting stains on his seats (i don't care to know what they were but my god it looked like someone was killed) and these fit great. you can chat with them on facebook. that's how my boyfriend talked to them. even on the weekends they answer. [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top