Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Flyzeye V2W

Old 06-09-2014, 08:56 PM   #1
JC0352 has a spectacular aura aboutJC0352 has a spectacular aura about

Marines: TOW Plt, 23rd Marines ('99-'05)
Name: Beau
JC0352's Tacoma Gallery
Flyzeye V2W

So the last few weeks, I've been on here, reading as much as I can about cool things to do for my new truck. I'd keep seeing "flyzeye this, flyzeye that" in several threads, so I started researching what it is they exactly make. Their V2W light has to be one of the coolest, most practical/useful things I've ever seen!

Last week I got into their spring clearance sale thread, and ordered one. Darren replied to my PMs right away, and we got payment and shipping info sorted on Thursday. It shipped on Friday, as he'd estimated, and arrived this afternoon (monday)!

I have to tell you, this thing is so easy to install!!! I was hesitant to mess with wiring on my new truck, but TW member MrStumpy's install pictorial thread (here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...2013-dclb.html) convinced me I could do this. I needed straightforward because I've never done anything like this. I pretty much followed that process, and it turned out great! The only snag I ran into was trying to cut a path for the wiring with an exacto knife; I just knew it was matter of time before my hand would be bleeding. Couple of passes with a dremel, and it was all done.

Anyway, thanks to Darren and the rest of the Flyzeye Designs team. What an awesome product!

Here are some pics:

no light (too dark to see anything in the truck at night)

amber light

white light
Old 06-09-2014, 10:04 PM   #2
flyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM2 5"/54 Mount Captain, Small Arms Instructor, Ship's VBSS-Sweep Team Member & Lead Climber, Armory
Name: Darren
flyzeye designs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC0352 View Post
So the last few weeks, I've been on here, reading as much as I can about cool things to do for my new truck. I'd keep seeing "flyzeye this, flyzeye that" in several threads, so I started researching what it is they exactly make. Their V2W light has to be one of the coolest, most practical/useful things I've ever seen!

Last week I got into their spring clearance sale thread, and ordered one. Darren replied to my PMs right away, and we got payment and shipping info sorted on Thursday. It shipped on Friday, as he'd estimated, and arrived this afternoon (monday)!

I have to tell you, this thing is so easy to install!!! I was hesitant to mess with wiring on my new truck, but TW member MrStumpy's install pictorial thread (here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...2013-dclb.html) convinced me I could do this. I needed straightforward because I've never done anything like this. I pretty much followed that process, and it turned out great! The only snag I ran into was trying to cut a path for the wiring with an exacto knife; I just knew it was matter of time before my hand would be bleeding. Couple of passes with a dremel, and it was all done.

Anyway, thanks to Darren and the rest of the Flyzeye Designs team. What an awesome product!

Here are some pics:

no light (too dark to see anything in the truck at night)

amber light

white light
Glad you are pleased with your V2W. Thanks for the great write-up!
Old 06-09-2014, 10:13 PM   #3
JC0352 has a spectacular aura aboutJC0352 has a spectacular aura about

Marines: TOW Plt, 23rd Marines ('99-'05)
Name: Beau
JC0352's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyzeye designs View Post
Glad you are pleased with your V2W. Thanks for the great write-up!
You're most welcome!