Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

I need five star customer satisfaction

Old 07-02-2014, 11:16 PM   #1
The Texas Ayatollah
TashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dereck
TashcomerTexas's Tacoma Gallery
I need five star customer satisfaction

Ok now I'm in the market for a plate bumper. No not flimsy looking ugly prerunner bumpers but something with some beef to it. I see all these vendors and bumper group buys but don't know who to order from.

As my truck gets older by the second I need some protection that can withstand practically whatever comes at it, I know my westin bull bar won't do shit.

Elite off road plate bumpers catch my eye but along with others all I see and read is "I've been waiting months for a response."
Who offers a great product with even better communication with their customers? Also for a reasonable price. Not dogging on Elite but would like to hear suggestions to prove me wrong
Old 07-02-2014, 11:20 PM   #2
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Pelfreybilt, but they have no 1st gen products....
I'll be going with all-pro when I do a front bumper, but from what I've read their CS isn't exemplary.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:21 PM   #3
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Arb
Old 07-02-2014, 11:21 PM   #4
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Not to be that guy but if you want a beef custom you need to be prepared to wait and change the truck getting older from seconds to months. Elite is a sad vendor, and if your thinking GB for any vendor be prepared to wait longer than normal. Relentless, brute force, CBI, sos are all vendors to consider I believe
Old 07-02-2014, 11:26 PM   #6
The Texas Ayatollah
TashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sounds like you're being "that guy"
I get that it takes some time to produce these kind of bumpers, obviously no ones gonna shit these out and ready to ship. But all I read is that oh it's a one man show out of his garage, he hasn't responded, I've had the wrong bumper in my garage for 14 months...waiting for a response...etc.
If they can't keep up with the business then they have no business being in the game.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:27 PM   #7
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Brute force fab.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:33 PM   #8
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Traction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic, Search and Rescue, Wildland Firefighting
Name: Nathan
Traction120's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashcomerTexas View Post
I get that it takes some time to produce these kind of bumpers, obviously no ones gonna shit these out and ready to ship. But all I read is that oh it's a one man show out of his garage, he hasn't responded, I've had the wrong bumper in my garage for 14 months...waiting for a response...etc.
If they can't keep up with the business then they have no business being in the game.
Wut?

Most of the "reputable businesses" have a lead time. For a purpose. How could someone seriously have the "wrong bumper" in there garage for (14 months) 14 MONTHS?! Come on...

Now if you want a serious plate bumper, you will have to wait. Lead times apply to any bumper worth buying. Pelfreybilt, Relentless, Bamf.. To name a few.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:34 PM   #9
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

So FAB your own , problem solved...
Old 07-02-2014, 11:34 PM   #10
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bamf isnt selling bumpers at this point is he?
Old 07-02-2014, 11:39 PM   #11
The Texas Ayatollah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traction120 View Post
Wut?

Most of the "reputable businesses" have a lead time. For a purpose. How could someone seriously have the "wrong bumper" in there garage for (14 months) 14 MONTHS?! Come on...

Now if you want a serious plate bumper, you will have to wait. Lead times apply to any bumper worth buying. Pelfreybilt, Relentless, Bamf.. To name a few.
Watch out here come the quotes
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteel View Post
14 months total for me and all I have to show for it is an expensive bumper sitting in my garage that wasn't done correctly after waiting a year. I am still waiting for what I ordered and some way to RMA the expensive paper-weight sitting in my garage.

After I repeatedly expressed my grief on here Tim finally contacted me over a month ago (I had no response before with repeated emails and phone calls), he said that he would build a new one and it would take 3 months to build. I somehow believe that I won't see it until this Christmas the way it is going.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:42 PM   #12
Traction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Bamf isnt selling bumpers at this point is he?
I'm sure if you wanted jerry to build you one bad enough, Not 100% sure though. But my point is, if OP wants a bumper ASAP, there's plenty out there made from 1/8" China welded.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Watch out here come the quotes
Sorry about your (their) experience with said fabricator.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:45 PM   #14
The Texas Ayatollah

Quote:
I'm sure if you wanted jerry to build you one bad enough, Not 100% sure though. But my point is, if OP wants a bumper ASAP, there's plenty out there made from 1/8" China welded.
Who the hell said ASAP? Reread the OP sir, you might learn something.
I want to order from someone who I can communicate with and won't be let down waiting on a response IF something occurs or screws up and needs to be corrected. And no I'm not fabbing my own, let's be realistic, I will be paying for a service.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:47 PM   #15
The Texas Ayatollah

Quote:
Sorry I'm getting mad about you wanting a simple product review
Apology accepted
Old 07-02-2014, 11:49 PM   #16

Quote:
Who the hell said ASAP? Reread the OP sir, you might learn something.
I want to order from someone who I can communicate with and won't be let down waiting on a response IF something occurs or screws up and needs to be corrected. And no I'm not fabbing my own, let's be realistic, I will be paying for a service.
I read the OP sir.

I'm sorry if I came off on the wrong foot. Just pointing out the fact that 5 star business is highly opinionated as well as person by person.

Continue your search, again, sorry to impede.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:51 PM   #17

Quote:
Apology accepted
So now we're fabricating quotes? WTF?
Old 07-02-2014, 11:55 PM   #19

Dick move.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:56 PM   #20
Purveyor of Fun

Dewreck these threads go to hell in a handbasket real quick when the OP develops a short fuse. As someone whos been involved in very little drama on here over a long period of time, I can tell you, you're tacomaworlding wrong. If you want an honest answer on something, stay calm and try not to come out as 'hostile'. If you want your question to go unanswered and your thread to turn into a .....stay the course.

Everyone is going to have a different perspective on this. I own every piece of armor brute force has ever produced. Theres a reason I suggest them. Someone else may be in the same boat with relentless, or bamf, or pelfreybilt, or elite....and they'll wave their flag. Best advice you'll hear though? Find the product you love, be courteous with the guy who builds it, and be patient. With Billy, I know if he doesn't pick up the phone, he's welding. Which is where I want him to be.